3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buyer beware!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 09:08 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Exclamation Buyer beware!!!!

Ok, I really did not wanna do this but enough is enough. When I was looking for valve springs for my upcoming cam swap I bought some from NathanP from his thread FS - 6.1 Hemi Camshaft and valve train.

Unique Transaction ID #9RB0166942066305C to Nathan Pelzer @ powder_special_900@hotmail.com

CarDomain
FaceBook

Phone number (306) ***-****

As you can see this was back on November the 18th. So I had originally asked for a tracking number and that was mainly so I could see when they would be here being I wanted to use them for the cam install that I had planned for the long weekend of Thanksgiving.

On the 19th he sent this...."they went out this afternoon, forgot to email you the tracking number, its at work, i will send it to you tommorow"

Ok, great. So after a few days (the 24th) I ask again for the tracking number so I can see when they will be here and he says this.....

"i cannot find the bill, seems to have gone missing off my desk. Its not coming UPS its coming regular mail to just so you know. Should be there by the weekend though"

Ok, great. Now not through UPS as I asked. USPS is fine as long as he at least bothered to insure it or have signature required or delivery confirmation. But did he? No. He tried to save a few bucks. Keep in mind On Hensons site these are listed as only weighing 4lbs.

Now Ive both bought and sold more than a few things here on DF, DT, HTC and VTCOA and everyone will tell you I always ship UPS and PM a tracking number and only once did I ship a cam (to Animal Mother on DT) via USPS and it was sent with delivery confirmation. DirtyDog has bought things from me 2x.

So around 12-1 and still no springs I PM him again and by now im getting pissed and he comes back to me saying because I didnt want to pay any more for shipping thats the way he shipped them. But wait, we never discussed the cost of shipping. I told him I wanted a tracking number and he told me the cost of the shipping. Tracking numbers mean either FedEx or UPS. DUH!

Anyway, after sill no springs and not able to waste any more delay, I called Louise at Hensons and have them overnight me some springs. Cost was about $86 I think. I kept my invoice incase Nathan decides to say I used his. So I PM him again and Im livid at this point because his springs arent here, no tracking, no delivery confirmation or sig required so they could be ANYWHERE and thats IF he really sent them. So me being the nice guy that I am PMed him (12/9) and asked for half of my money back with the fair assumption he sent them and lost out on this deal also. But he doesnt want to give any finds and keeps saying they are on the way.

So this is his response to that PM.......

"the springs are in transit, im sure they will get to you.... i doubt that they will get lost in the mail, just be patient, would u seriously file a dispute over 25 bucks?? haha are you that poor, if so then why are you putting not needed parts into your truck if ur strapped for 25 bucks... be patient man, they will shop up!"

Wow. Talk about insulting. Poor? No. Rich? No. Ive got a small fortune invested in my rig with more going everyday. Anyone who wants to read my sig can see that. But I dont like being called names. But still I kept my cool with him.

Now understand this, After I bought him springs I ordered my 6.1 rods from Hensons and they were here 3 days later. I ordered from e90 Bi-xenon projectors from a guy in Turkey and they are here already. I bought from TL projectors from a guy in Itaily and they are here already. I ordered some special contact lens for my wife from a lady in the Phillipines and they are here already. My wife ordered something from China and it is here already.

All of these things has to pass through customs. If those GD springs aint here by now they arent coming. Dont BS me. Ive bought and shipped enough to know.

I sent him a PM yesterday and he has since logged in and now isnt repsonding so please everyone DO NOT BUT FROM THIS member.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 12-17-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:23 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up, sorry he screwed you. I'm always very apprehensive about getting stuff off the classifieds, lucky for me the one time I did it worked out great.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Sorry to hear that man. It always sucks when you get screwed like that and theres nothing you can do about it.. I havent ever bought anything off a forum before and after hearing about this going on a few times on powerstroke.org and now here Im reluctant to buy stuff off a forum. I only use ebay because theres records of it and seems more secure.. Maybe someone that lives near this guy will chime in and pay him a visit to get your springs? I know its turned out a few times like that on the other forum..

Old 12-17-2009, 09:27 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my leveling kit from on of the fellas on here and some shocks, and that ended up going great, but yeah, Im sorry about the bad experience, that is really to bad to hear! Hope it does end up working out in the end.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

What a butthole. I hope a giant albatross squirts a poop in his mouth while he is screaming into the air, after seeing his wife give it up to a zit faced ricer.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Unique Transaction ID #9RB0166942066305C to Nathan Pelzer @ powder_special_900@hotmail.com

CarDomain
FaceBook

Phone number (306) ***-****

"the springs are in transit, im sure they will get to you.... i doubt that they will get lost in the mail, just be patient, would u seriously file a dispute over 25 bucks?? haha are you that poor, if so then why are you putting not needed parts into your truck if ur strapped for 25 bucks... be patient man, they will shop up!"
Absafukinlutely I would file a claim over $25. It has nothing to do with the money at this point. More of Principle.
Hey Weed, it's like You telling Him...."Hey Nathan, did you really send those springs or are you hurting for $25 that bad"....lmfao

Last edited by dirtydog; 12-17-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:43 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
What a butthole. I hope a giant albatross squirts a poop in his mouth while he is screaming into the air, after seeing his wife give it up to a zit faced ricer.
DF quote of the day here.

But seriously how greasy is that. I hope karma fists this clowns *******. What ever happened to the "good old days" my parents lived in. Guess they are gone.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:50 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
But seriously how greasy is that. I hope karma fists this clowns *******. What ever happened to the "good old days" my parents lived in. Guess they are gone.
lol Im gonna have to start changing my sig weekly with new frog quotes.. My dads starting to get into buying parts for with rod on the net and its brutal some of the places he finds stuff, scares the crap outta me cause you cant just trust ppl like it was when they were younger.. It just goes to show how our society is.. and its just gonna keep getting worse..

Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Guys, please dont let this discourage you. Look at my sig and over half of it has come from other dodge members on several boards.

Dirty, that is exactly what I told him about it being the principal of the matter. Hell I tried to be nice and go half. I thought that was more than being fair. As for the funds being returned, thats why I use certain cards for web purchases.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

I know we buy a **** pile of rod parts and stuff for classic muscle and even when we order big amounts of stuff we still have no customer service, no priority nothing its just ridiculous. Its pretty much a self serve setup when we need to get things south of the border. Its not like we are talking couple hundred bucks here and there its more like 20 or 30k per order and we place orders 3,4 maybe 5 times a year depending on demand. Oh well just the way she goes I guess.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware!!!!