See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2009 1500 Recalls and RRTs

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Tammytlc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram with duel headlights, problem I am having is my passenger side high beam light will not work. We have checked the voltage to the lights they are all the same, we have replaced the bulb, also pulled high beam switch toward us to see if the light would come on, it does on the driver side but still not on the passenger side. The low beams work on both sides. We have checked the connections on the light bulb plug everything looks good there. So I think the TIPM is good and so is the Front Control Module, because if the high beam works on one side it should work on the other since they run off the high beam module, can anyone else please tell me what to try next.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tammytlc
I have a 2009 Dodge Ram with duel headlights, problem I am having is my passenger side high beam light will not work. We have checked the voltage to the lights they are all the same, we have replaced the bulb, also pulled high beam switch toward us to see if the light would come on, it does on the driver side but still not on the passenger side. The low beams work on both sides. We have checked the connections on the light bulb plug everything looks good there. So I think the TIPM is good and so is the Front Control Module, because if the high beam works on one side it should work on the other since they run off the high beam module, can anyone else please tell me what to try next.
Tammytlc,

I do not see any recalls pertaining to the 2009 Ram that would be related, however recalls are VIN specific and if you would like me to confirm this you can PM me your VIN# and I'd be happy to look into it for you. You can also review by visiting:
www.chrysler.ca
Select “Vehicle Brand”
Select “Owners” in the lower left hand corner
Select “Vehicle Recall Inquiry”
Select a brand and “View …Recall Notices”
Select “Get Recall Information”
Enter last 8 characters of the vehicle identification number (VIN) in the
space provide and Select “GO”.
It will list the vehicle with the complete VIN, a verbal description of the vehicle and recall, if any apply.

If you need additional assistance, the vehicle may have to be diagnosed by Dodge dealer, this may help save you time and money, rather then trying to figure out the problem yourself.

Keep me posted.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Islander_212
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to send a PM to DodgeCares

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Pedro,

Sorry to hear the issue you had with the exhaust bolts. The RRT's are done automatically by the dealer whenever the customer comes in for service and are supposed to prevent what eventually happened to you. If you want to PM me your Vin I would like to take a closer look at what happened with your vehicle.
I just tried to send DodgeCares a PM but your limit has been exceeded... Here is the message.

Hello

My truck just had to be repaired for the second time for the broken exhaust manifold bolts and the subsequent leaking of exhaust gasses. The dealer said is this was not covered under my lifetime warranty even though it explicitly calls out exhaust manifolds, gaskets and other associated parts. Can you confirm. I am meeting with them here in a few to discuss. They charged me $371 for four hours labor and parts even though it only took two hours or less. I am not happy...

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2009 1500 Recalls and RRTs