4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

BADLANDZ Electric Exhaust Cutout install/pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 04:54 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my take on it....
-You'll lose backpressure and therefore off the line power.
-"Hands down kicks the crap out of a catback system", This IS a catback system....confused?
-When the downpipe is opened what blocks the stock pipe to make sure all outflow goes to the downpipe? As is you'll have it coming out of your stock as well as the downpipe..
-The difference between duals out the back and your dumped exhaust is the muffler that is providing the backpressure essential to a motors performance and the amount of piping used which in some cases can make a vehicle louder.
-Plus i don't trust anything that's not welded, wait till an exhaust leaks hits that'll sound real mean...not to mention water, dirt, rocks, any outside elements....Dont think it's a good long term choice

And this CAN void your warranty, anything you do to your truck that the dealer can stick as the cause of a malfunction is a risk and they will do everything they can to blame it on you..

Not bashing just my opinion on the matter

Last edited by bigred3297; 03-02-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:58 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i really don't see them giving you a hard time about then warranty. people put on exhaust all of the time and that is never an issue.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
4point7
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want to bash anyone... just a bit of a correction.

I think that "back pressure" may be confused with exhaust flow velocity. The exhuast flow velocity is negatively impacted by various factors some of which being a sudden decrease in temperature, rapid expansion and terbulence (read: don't go from a 2" pipe to a 6" pipe due to the combination of sudden expansion and cooling resulting in the exhaust slowing and reducing the ability of the system to expell the exhaust required).

I can't make any comment regarding the warranty because if a dealer wants to find something to void your warranty they can, plain and simple.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Dvonlangen
Default Cut out question

Howd you get stainless steel all i can find on that site is painted steel and do they leak at all

Old 03-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Dvonlangen

Does it leak? And how did you get stainless i can only find painted steel on their site

Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Drake767

Where did you place your switch in your cab? i ordered the "race ready performance" electric cutouts and just trying to find a good place for the switch

Old 06-13-2012, 07:18 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake767
Where did you place your switch in your cab? i ordered the "race ready performance" electric cutouts and just trying to find a good place for the switch
He's banned, he cannot answer you...lol

Quick Reply: BADLANDZ Electric Exhaust Cutout install/pics