4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New 6-inch Pro Comp suspension lift (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Desert Dawg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 6-inch Pro Comp suspension lift (pics)

Hi all:

Just got my truck back from having a Pro Comp 6-inch suspension system installed along with some Amp Research power retractable side steps. I apologize for the picture quality as I took them late last night in my garage when I got home. I will post better pics outside after I get my light bar and offroad lights installed.

I think my truck looks a ton better....

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 10-22-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
Professional

WOW very nice. I like that. I wanted to lift mine but won't be able to get it into the garage which sucks. Very sharp looking.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Oosik
Professional

After driving into a few parking garages, I'm scared to lift mine, I can stick my hand out of the window and hit the concrete pillars. It's nerve racking thinking the next pillar is going to take the top of my truck with it.

Last edited by Oosik; 10-23-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: I can't spell lift without a typo.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Desert Dawg
Professional

Originally Posted by 09 Ram TRX 4 Lover
WOW very nice. I like that. I wanted to lift mine but won't be able to get it into the garage which sucks. Very sharp looking.
Thanjs Ram TRX 4 Lover! I am very excited about the stance. I have a RV garage as part of my regular garage so have more than enough clearance. Otherwise, I would have to stay with the 2.5 lift I had.

Originally Posted by Oosik
After driving into a few parking garages, I'm scared to life mine, I can stick my hand out of the window and hit the concrete pillars. It's nerve racking thinking the next pillar is going to take the top of my truck with it.
I hear ya. Luckily, the automatic car wash I go to takes oversized trucks, and I just have to be careful not to park in the airport parking garage. Other than that, I am pretty happy with the change.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:16 PM
cpelton
Veteran

Originally Posted by Oosik
After driving into a few parking garages, I'm scared to life mine, I can stick my hand out of the window and hit the concrete pillars. It's nerve racking thinking the next pillar is going to take the top of my truck with it.
Looks awesome! Parking garages are out of the question now for me unless its an overheight but that is rare.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:17 AM
72combo
Champion

Looks great. Nice tires too....T/As?

Old 10-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Desert Dawg
Professional

Originally Posted by cpelton
Looks awesome! Parking garages are out of the question now for me unless its an overheight but that is rare.
Thanks cpelton. Yeah, I'll be reading the overhead clearance signs a lot more now.

Originally Posted by 72combo
Looks great. Nice tires too....T/As?
Thanks 72combo. Yes, the tires are BFG AT T/A KOs. They are the same ones I just bought when I put on the 2.5-inch leveling system, but they seem to look better now. I wanted fatter 35s (Toyo MTs or BFG KN2s) but neither would fit with my wheel offset (only -1 mm).

I think keeping my current wheels and tires doesn't look bad and gives it more of an HD look. I may buy some new wheels and tires in a while but not ready to take a beating since I just bought these.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Dolphan99
Amateur

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Hi all:

Just got my truck back from having a Pro Comp 6-inch suspension system installed along with some Amp Research power retractable side steps.
Great looking truck! I do have a question for you, how do you like the power steps and how much do you see when the fold up? Again; great looking truck

Old 10-23-2009, 05:38 AM
Desert Dawg
Professional

Originally Posted by Dolphan99
Great looking truck! I do have a question for you, how do you like the power steps and how much do you see when the fold up? Again; great looking truck
Thanks Dolphan...

The power steps are great. Had them on my 2008 F250 too and loved them. They completely retract out of sight so you don't see them at all, and they lower for use very fast so you are not waiting for them to drop when stepping in/out. Plus, they drop lower than the stock height of the factory steps, so you're initial step up is less.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM
JohnVI
Veteran
Default nice

Good lord
shiny......it needs mud...

Looks amazing, the mods really make it stand out. Nice looking truck!

You should take a video of the retractable steps so we can see them in action on a Lifted Ram

Dammit,

If I didn't make a deal with the Mrs not to mod the truck, i would be all over that lift.... But, it was either A) keep my 04 trailblazer that had Body/SuS lift i took wheeling at rausch creek PA, which was fairly scratched up and abused OR B) get a brand new 09 RAM TRX and promise not to do the same thing to it that i did to my Trailblazer

I selected B

Quick Reply: New 6-inch Pro Comp suspension lift (pics)