4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

6 inch cst 2wd lift installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 inch cst 2wd lift installed

I finally got my stuff in for my truck, and installed it, went easy, no problems, the ride is awesome, I have a lifted 99 2wd truck now , the ride between this one and that one is incredible, no jarring, no hard dips,no bangs at potholes, I only have the stock rims right now and tires ,so they look like do-nuts on there but, that will change soon, the spindles lift it with out hurting the ride at all,the measurements with a half a tank of gas is 11 inches from the top of the 33 inch tire to the fender lip, in the front and rear, DEAD ON,from the front you cant see ANY parts hanging down, the rear is BADASS, wait till you see these trucks lifted riding down the road, the rear with all its brackets and coil springs look tough, I was asked yesterday if of (course) it was a 4wd, and the owner of a 2wd took down the website and asked MANY questions, he is doing the same to his now, I know this is nothing new ,cause the 3rd gens as well as other gens , did this already just wanted to share my pictures. thank you for looking. I think it looks great

Attached Thumbnails 6 inch cst 2wd lift installed-lift-kit-package.jpg   6 inch cst 2wd lift installed-picture-for-dodge-forum.jpg   6 inch cst 2wd lift installed-side-veiw-for-dodge-forum.jpg  
Old 06-08-2010, 08:18 AM
jram99
Veteran

Bullram, it looks awesome. I also have a 99 lifted 2wd QC that I gave to my son. I love the look of that truck. It was only a 3" spindle lift, but made the truck look really good. You'll find a lot of people on here think it's a waste of time to lift a 2wd, but I disagree. I like the look of the 4wd without having all the maint and extra weight to carry around. I've owned 2 4wd dodges in the past and my 99 2wd with 3" lift and posi rearend performed just as well. I hadn't thought about lifting my 09, but these pictures sure do make me rethink that decission. Good lookin truck. One thing I noticed right away on my 99 was with the lift and larger tires my gas milage suffered pretty bad. I went back to stock height tires and it wasn't as bad, but never got back to what it was before the lift. Let me know what your experience is with the milage. Jeff.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Huntjunkie41
Professional

BULLRAM:

I Love it! What is the website or brand of the Lift. I may do this as well. Im sure the lift will settle some. I dont think the stockers look all that bad. Maybe add some A/Ts in the future, but for gas milage sake I would not go much bigger.

Last edited by Huntjunkie41; 06-08-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Huntjunkie41
Professional

BULLRAM:

Never mind providing the info. I found it CST. It was in your Photo.

Thanks.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

thanks for the compliments,Sorry about not putting the site, here it is, they will do WAY better than CST
ask for Jeff if you call.........they have most all the lifts there at great prices,that is why I went there same products just cheaper.

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/index.html

Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 AM
War Horse
All Star

I've been debating on this with my 2wd. I'm torn between dropping it and putting 22" rims or raising it and just putting larger tires.

I've been really worried about the ride though, and I know the drop will kill the nice ride it currently has stock. I've got to say your pictures and info is pushing me more toward the lift.

What's your plans for wheels and tires?

Old 06-08-2010, 11:36 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

To start ,I have some 305/55/20's that i can put on, I really like the stock wheels, but i am sure i will change my mind, the ride of this lift is fantastic, i am not saying it is exactly the same as stock, but more firm and still rides soft, if that makes sense, I almost find myself driving over ALL the bumps now to compare to my old truck,it takes the bumps real good no jarring.I am overall pleased about it,the alignment will be easy, just a little tweak, to keep the tires good, and thats it,the install was easy, the drop brackets for the rear were good fit and quality, all the bolts were grade 8 , i think it came out good, IT REALLY IS TALL, when my wife who is 4'-11", tried to get in it, she got mad, I told her i an getting the 5 inch oval tubes for the sides, she replied"does it ever stop" !!???, I really dont think it does.........if you want to check out the height, get a tape measure and hold it to the top of your tire, up to the fender opening, mine is 11 inches .

Trending Topics

Old 06-08-2010, 02:33 PM
carbonjuicd
Professional

Looks hot. COngrats

Old 06-08-2010, 02:55 PM
BULLRAM
Veteran

Thank you sir.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM
09BlackRam

Very nice i just purchased the pro comp leveling kit, now im debating on taking it back and getting this, looks awesome congrats.

Quick Reply: 6 inch cst 2wd lift installed