4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Finally the end is nigh

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Buckers32
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally the end is nigh

I placed an order for a 1500 ST 5.7 Hemi in blue back at the start of April.

It has taken me until now to get the green light on the finance as they are getting really strict on who they lend to.

Firstly I need to get a tonneu cover with a view of getting a captop at a later date.

I'm just a little curious as to how fellow dog owner transport their dogs in the bed. I am thinking of until I get the topper of putter her crate against the back of the cab secure by some sort of ratchet strap the either laying a few blankets over the crate or get some perspex to cover most of it. She's a Siberian Husky and like most of them she's as rugged as they come

Also being English living in Germany I was wondering what mods I could get shipped here that would cost a bomb? Also how much of an effect does a gas conversion to LPG have on the Hemi?

Thanks in advance for any reply's.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:09 AM
bgbluram2
All Star

My lab lays on the cargo support in the back of the cab with her blanket. haha, maybe she is a little bit spoiled

Old 07-31-2010, 08:40 AM
72combo
Champion

Our 2 dogs sleep in bed with me and when in truck have free roam except in drivers area.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:44 AM
HemiRAMV8
Professional

It would be an economic disaster to convert a domestic engine to LPG, the costs of conversion would never be recouped. Usual price of gas around here is in the $2.50 range. Given that you're paying closer to $8, the economics make sense there more than here. You might try in the European forums, some may have a Hemi, though I would think the market is very small for Hemis over there. Still, Benzinscheinen will see you right. I had a Land Rover V8, and it did 10-12 mpg, but no big deal on Benz tokens. The Hemi is MUCH better than that, close to 20(US) on a run, which would be ~24 mpg Imperial, and round town in the 15s (19s).

As for the dog, mine go in the cab, in the rear footwells, if necessary.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

i boughtt a strap that connects to both of the rings by the wall of the bed and then you connect your dogs leash to the center ring in the middle so they cant jump out..

well my german shepherd loves it.. but my dumb 10 month old lab (love him) just doesnt want to stay in and sometimes i see him try to jump out. Hes already broke on chain collar and this weekend i saw in out the side of my window straddling the bed rail while i was doing 40 down a street.

so... ive given up and now they seem to enjoy my back leather seats lol

i couldnt let one in and keep one out.. they are always together. But since moving from LA to indiana my lab has been shedding about a small dog a day...

ive done my best to keep my truck clean and no stains or whatever.. but im fearing a poke in my leather soon. Every time i get out the lab wants to get in the driver seat from the back lol

Old 07-31-2010, 11:36 AM
plumcrazy73
Captain

put a Thick blanket over the seat for them

Old 07-31-2010, 02:06 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
ive done my best to keep my truck clean and no stains or whatever.. but im fearing a poke in my leather soon. Every time i get out the lab wants to get in the driver seat from the back lol
Must be a lab thing. I have had a hell of a time training my lab pup (8 1/2 mos. old) to stay in the back seat until I open the back door. She is finally getting it, but she always wants to jump out the drivers door the second the seal is broken haha.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 AM
big4x4dodge09
Professional

my english bulldog sits in the passenger seat with the window down and head out!

Old 08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Buckers32
Rookie

My Husky loves to sit up front but there's NO disguising that shes been there from the wife!! I reckon she won't mind siting in her crate in the bed, perhaps the blanket over the crate thing might work well until its rains or snows which we had 4 months of in mid-Europe!

Quick Reply: Finally the end is nigh