4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Hello from a newbie....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 PM
DOO-DREW
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from a newbie....

Hello all, I'm new to the site and I can't wait to waste time on this site at work just like snowmobile related ones I'm on. I worked at a Chrysler-Jeep dealer for 10 years. Now... a non-comission life. This is now my 10th DCX I've owned since 1996. 2-Cherokees, 2-Grand Cherokees, 1-Liberty, 2-other Rams, and our current Grand Caravan. Leasing used to ROCK! Anyway... check out the new ride (hate the name color). So far in it's 1st 10 miles I've just swapped out the crappy stock Goodyears for a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ. Belle Tire did the work and gave me $125 trade for each of the 4 stockers and I just had to pay the differance. Had the Goodyear HP's on my two other Rams... boy did they suck in rain, snow, dirt, and mud.

Last edited by DOO-DREW; 08-01-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:26 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by DOO-DREW
Hello all, I'm new to the site and I can't wait to waste time on this site at work just like snowmobile related ones I'm on. I worked at a Chrysler-Jeep dealer for 10 years. Now... a non-comission life. This is now my 10th DCX I've owned since 1996. 2-Cherokees, 2-Grand Cherokees, 1-Liberty, 2-other Rams, and our current Grand Caravan. Leasing used to ROCK! Anyway... check out the new ride (hate the name color). So far in it's 1st 10 miles I've just swapped out the crappy stock Goodyears for a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ. Belle Tire did the work and gave me $125 trade for each of the 4 stockers and I just had to pay the differance. Had the Goodyear HP's on my two other Rams... boy did they suck in rain, snow, dirt, and mud.
Any vibration issue on the highway with those tires? I am asking because I saw a few complaints here and there with vibrations over 60 mph. I was thinking if there is as issue I would put the balancing beads, although they say not to withe the tpm system.

Oh crap, welcome and nice ride...love the colour and the tires especially.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:29 AM
DOO-DREW
Amateur

I've had it over 60 a few times in a 55 zone... but not for extended periods. Can't wait to get her on the highway and some back country dirt roads. No issues so far with the tires. They really make it look truck like. In the few shorts days of having it... 1st people coment on is the color and 2nd the tires. Guess I made a good choice.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

welcome...

Quick Reply: Hello from a newbie....