4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

E-Cutout: Raceland Vs. DMH E-Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Psycareyo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Cutout: Raceland Vs. DMH E-Cutout

I've currently got a 14" Magnaflow on my 2010 Hemi Ram w/ Duals. It's actually the Mufflex DODM14. I've had no problems with it and it sounds excellent, even in MDS mode.

I want more.

I've had a DMH E-Cutout before. It was on my 2008 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin 4.6L. I loved the way it sounded. However, it burned out in 6 months. It endured only one upstate, NY winter.

I've heard very good things about the Raceland Switch N Blast E-Cutout.

I like the the Raceland has a remote and the install is very simple because the wiring is basically plug and play without the need to alter my interior to add a rocker switch for cutout operation. I also like that the Raceland unit is all one unit. The Y-pipe and motor are a single part. I also feel that this unit has a superior motor and plating/protection from the elements as compared to the DMH unit. I also like that this unit is based on a clamp installation instead of a weld in. Most of the units I see are clamped on. This unit seems to open very fast. It also looks like it's a one touch button that open/closes 100% automatically? Customer service, thus far, has been excellent, and I've not bought anything yet!

The DMH was a great unit. I feel the need to mention that I purchased this unit used. The E-Cutout is a seperate unit from the Y-pipe. This meant that I also had to buy a Y-pipe. I bought a Dynomax Cutout Y-pipe. It had a nice flange that allowed me to angle the DMH E-Cutout any way I wanted it and, more importantly, I could angle the down turn pipe any way I wanted. This system is basically meant to me welded in. In fact, i've never seen one that wasn't welded in with a DMH unit. I also didn't like holding down a button until I felt it was completely open. I see no reason why you would only want this device only part way open. To me, it's an all or nothing type of mod. I also feel that this type of switch led to undo stress by trying to open or close the unit when it was already in the full open or closed position. It took nearly 4-5 seconds to open/close this unit. Their customer service sucked. They never returned one phone call or email that I sent to them.

I'm wondering, what is your opinion on which brand is better?

Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Psycareyo
Rookie

Seriously? 26 views and not a single opinion lol?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:11 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

The reason you haven't got an opinion is because this the general Ram section. I will move this to the 4th gen section for you.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 AM
budlight2384
Rookie

I have the the raceland cut out and I love it. Almost 2 yrs no problems. How much did the other set cost

Old 09-03-2010, 07:52 AM
bwheelerRam09

I just put the raceland setup on my truck... love it. i have had it on for a month or so. Very easy install.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Psycareyo
Rookie

The DMH is $199 (with a cheesy y pipe). I spent $50 for my used DMH cutout and I bought a Dynomax Exhaust Dump #88340 2.5." I had the installer fab a down turn pipe. I also had to have it wired twice because the original rocker switch (never used by prior owner) stopped working a day after I installed it. The wiring, relays, switches and labor cost $100. All said and done I had blown about $250 on that setup by the time I had it working correctly. Then it stopped working for good. It was on my Sport Trac Adrenalin from 1/15/09 to 4/18/09. It was junk.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Psycareyo
Rookie

One of the big reasons I went with the DMH was for the ability to install a block off plate in minutes. I wanted to be prepared if the cutout failed. The last thing I wanted was to have the thing stuck open 24/7.

The overall quality of the Dynomax Exhaust Dump was excellent. The DMH cutout felt heavy and solid. I wasn't thrilled that the motor itself wasn't really encased or protected like the Raceland unit.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Psycareyo
Rookie

budlight2384,

Having no problems with an E-Cutout in Cali doesn't surprise me in the least. You should have issues with anything imo! In upstate, NY....it's a whole different world.

That's why I'm posting everywhere. I don't want to get stuck with crap again. I want the E-Cutout to last at least two years this time.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Psycareyo
Rookie

I've got a link to pics of my old setup. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/310145...ttsburgh-ny-us

Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Psycareyo
Rookie
Default Cutout: DMH or Raceland?

I can't decide! Help!

Quick Reply: E-Cutout: Raceland Vs. DMH E-Cutout