4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Finally

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:29 PM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally

I finally instally my LOCKPICK V3 and front and rear cheapo jap 20 dollar cameras anyway they work good they have the yellow lines the tell you how far, I will post picks I have to put a wedge in the back one so you can see the hitch when its in but the front looks great.Only pick I have is of the camera's installed, I will post picks of the screen when I get the cameras set up straight.
I forgot to take a picture of the lockpick but when you take the center console out there is a huge area down in there for wiring etc I just left the usb hanging next to the edge of the dash on the passenger side you can just lift up and fish it out and then when done shove it up there.I hung the unit on a plastic piece that goes across on the under side with wire tires since people say the wiring comes loose..killed 2 birds with one stone it sits tight and so do the wires. Hardest part is running wires under a vehicle that is oil sprayed but I am impressed and how well the oil spray job is was like a year and a half and its still heavy. So I get to make the shower dirty.
Funny I thought those little LEDs were lights but they are infrared they don't light up.

Last edited by 72combo; 09-12-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:40 PM
bugums1

I'd love to see some screen shots of the mygig with front and rear showing. I want the same setup, but I would like to be able to see my bumper on both front and back... Thanks in advance...

Old 09-08-2010, 02:15 PM
72combo
Champion

I can't see the bumper on either but if I were to put in the angled piece in the back I might but I like the bigger picture. I have no room here or pics I will have to use one of those picture hosting places....will get around to that, not in a hurry. So tired of joining stuff and then getting so much crap email.
To see the front bumper? Mine is in that spot where there is just a plastic insert on the sports I have a pic posted In order to see the bumper you would almost have to install the camera on the edge on the hood or something? View is good, colour is good problem is when I take pictures of anything on these screens it looks like I am looking thru a screen. I mean like a screen on your window on your house.

Last edited by 72combo; 09-08-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:47 AM
72combo
Champion

I ordered two ccd cameras last night, the one well they both work good and have a good picture day and night, night of course is a bit grainy but clear enough to see what you need to. I decided since I was buying one for the front I might as well for the back. Now I will have to sell the other two cameras. I hope I don't have to rewire. I imagine uses same RCA cable Ihad to buy a longer one anyway these trucks are long. 25 foot cable from the rear door handle along the same route as the trailer hitch wiring. and then into the firewall and into the cavity under the radio just makes it. Now the front one is too long but lots room for spare wiring in there just roll it up.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 AM
TurboGPZ
Professional

Why did you buy the 2 latest cameras??? All seemed well.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:13 PM
72combo
Champion

My bad for not doing my normal 6 months of research before I buy, I just assumed a camera is a camera and you look thru and you see what you see and then I thought they all had he jumper to reverse the view. You get what you pay for, decent pic on the one reverse even the front one just weird looking at cars coming by you on both sides LOL
Only reverse is okay the front camera shows everything on the opposite side so it is kinda useless for what I want it. I also saw the difference between ccd cameras its there, not so much during day but at night for sure. I hope the ones i ordered are. I got such a great deal on my nav unitcuz it was scratched, that i can afford to goof around . Broke even on the sale of my REN, but almost stole this Radio since I had to replace the faceplate and lucky for me I found one and a separate screen for nothing, easier to change the whole faceplate.
Sold the REN and uconnect to a great guys he put it in a Wrangler.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:00 AM
72combo
Champion

Well the ccd's are in and yes I can see the ball on the hitch and a little bit of the bumper. The front now is orientated correctly and well does not confuse you anymore when you pull in and something on the opposite side. Plus well the ccd's are so much clearer, I just wish the screens on these radio had better resolution. It still looks great even and night with no light you can still see. Pics later.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
KickNDurt
Arrow

Originally Posted by 72combo
Well the ccd's are in and yes I can see the ball on the hitch and a little bit of the bumper. The front now is orientated correctly and well does not confuse you anymore when you pull in and something on the opposite side. Plus well the ccd's are so much clearer, I just wish the screens on these radio had better resolution. It still looks great even and night with no light you can still see. Pics later.
Very curious to see the final pics!

Old 11-06-2010, 05:02 PM
72combo
Champion

Pics of what the cameras installed?

Old 11-06-2010, 05:16 PM
KickNDurt

Mounted in the front and how they look on the screen

Quick Reply: Finally