4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

A few random questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 PM
13MWZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few random questions

Hey yall. I havnt kept up with the newer model Dodge trucks and never cared too untill now. So I need a quick crash course.

I'm going to look at a used 2010 1500 tomorrow. It's a quad cab 2wd SLT. I've never seen the inside of one besides a couple pictures...so I got some questions.

First off, I'm currently on my 3rd Ram. First was a 2000 single cab short bed 1500 4x4, second was a 2005 quad cab short bed 1500 4x4, third and current is a 06 quad cab short bed 4x4 2500 Cummins.

So, I dont see any exposed cup holders in the pics, do they still fold out from under the dash? Still the same basic design?

Does the center 'jump seat' still have that 'secret' storage spot under it? The truck I'm lookin at has manual seat adjustments. Dont know about 4th gen but on the 3rd gens that only came with the electric seats.

Do all the trucks have the built in trailer brake controler or is that an option?

I see they still have those stupid square storage spots under the ac vents. It's a nice spot for a pack of smokes or a small cell phone......not much else. Just sayin.

What type of info (besides compas, temp, fuel economy, and tire pressure) can you view from the screen in the gauge cluster.

The seats in my previous Rams SUCKED....how are they in the 2010's?

Has the aftermarket cought up to these trucks already?

And lastly for now, what size tires come stock on the 17" rims for the 2wd? I'd like to keep the expensive 265/70's on my 2500......they oughtta fit in the wheel wells alright huh?

I know most of my questions will be answered tomorrow when I go check out the truck, but I like to be prepared and 'act stupid' to play with the sales guys.

Thanks.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:45 AM
05Dakotaho
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 13MWZ
Hey yall. I havnt kept up with the newer model Dodge trucks and never cared too untill now. So I need a quick crash course.

I'm going to look at a used 2010 1500 tomorrow. It's a quad cab 2wd SLT. I've never seen the inside of one besides a couple pictures...so I got some questions.

First off, I'm currently on my 3rd Ram. First was a 2000 single cab short bed 1500 4x4, second was a 2005 quad cab short bed 1500 4x4, third and current is a 06 quad cab short bed 4x4 2500 Cummins.

So, I dont see any exposed cup holders in the pics, do they still fold out from under the dash? Still the same basic design?

YES on the 60/40 seat but NO on the bucket seats with console

Does the center 'jump seat' still have that 'secret' storage spot under it? The truck I'm lookin at has manual seat adjustments. Dont know about 4th gen but on the 3rd gens that only came with the electric seats.

Electric Seats come with the following options: Luxury Group, Lonestar/Bighorn, Laramie, Sport

Do all the trucks have the built in trailer brake controler or is that an option?

The 2010's have the wiring harness but the controller module is a $200+ option

I see they still have those stupid square storage spots under the ac vents. It's a nice spot for a pack of smokes or a small cell phone......not much else. Just sayin.

Some owners have self made cup holders and/or GPS mounts that fit into them.

What type of info (besides compas, temp, fuel economy, and tire pressure) can you view from the screen in the gauge cluster.

Distance to empty
Coolant temp
Oil temp
Tranny temp
Radio station ID
Song Title (maybe)

Oil change alert message

The seats in my previous Rams SUCKED....how are they in the 2010's?

Focking outstanding.

Has the aftermarket cought up to these trucks already?

Tuners - YES
Head and tail lights - YES
Cat Back Exhaust - YES
Headers - NO
Supercharger - YES
Turbocharger - NO
CAI - YES
Side Steps -YES

And lastly for now, what size tires come stock on the 17" rims for the 2wd? I'd like to keep the expensive 265/70's on my 2500......they oughtta fit in the wheel wells alright huh?

265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler HP and most owners are not impressed with them

I know most of my questions will be answered tomorrow when I go check out the truck, but I like to be prepared and 'act stupid' to play with the sales guys.

Have sum fun!!!!

Thanks.

Last edited by 05Dakotaho; 11-11-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:15 PM
13MWZ

Thank for the answers.
I went down there first thing this morning and they had had ALREADY sold the truck!
I did find the same truck but a 09 with 25k miles. Quad cab 2wd short bed SLT yada yada yada. I ended up bringing it home.

You aint lying bout the seats! Much better than my other Dodges.

I like the idea about those square storage things....I'll have to search that for some ideas.

Thanks again for the help! I'm pretty happy with my buy!!!!

Now I just gotta re-train my right arm's muscle memory where to put the key lol

Last edited by 13MWZ; 11-11-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: A few random questions