4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Rain Guards

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:26 AM
CUHEMI10
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked my in channel alot. Only problem i had was when i went to Vegas, It was so hot that when i rolled down the window the inchannel moved down (i think), when i rolled the window back up it got caught between the window and the door and shattered.
Moral, if its 110 outside and you have a black truck and tinted windows, you may have to skip the In-and-Out drive through and just go inside.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:02 AM
roberttheall
Professional

Originally Posted by ksfis43
In-Channel - much cleaner look
Yep weathertech has a nice clean look, and they install in channel.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:10 AM
pulleyman123
Rookie

Sounds like the consensus is In-Channel, and the Weathertech seems like the brand to go with.
Just looking for the other part of my question, once you get them into the channel, is it possible to get them out?

Old 04-02-2011, 12:54 PM
ksfis43

I have the egr, what i like best is they come all the way down past the mirror to the bottom of the window. They could be removed but I woolly recommend it as you have to flex them to get them in, makes for a great fit

Old 04-02-2011, 11:01 PM
bronza

I'm rockin the avs in channels. Just as good as the weathertechs and cheaper. I'm not one to skimp just because of the price of something, but it's basically the same product for 20-30 dollars less. Just my .02.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Talon_66
Professional

I have AVS in channel and have zero complaint. i prefer the look of inchannel vs out.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I put the in-channel ones on my ex's '02 Grand Cherokee and she never stopped bi&ching about them rattling like hell with the window down (among other things, which is why she is now the EX).

But in all honesty, they did vibrate a good bit and it was annoying. I put the stick on AVS on my truck when I bought it seven years ago (from tomorrow as a matter of fact) and they are still on there. Did same on my Grand Cherokee about 4 years ago.

Dunno if the in-channels got better over the last few years, but while I agree they look a lot nicer, if they rattle, it is very annoying...

Old 11-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Dispatch
Rookie

I had a set of the in channel ones for a new Dodge Grand Caravan. First off, they kept the electric window from closing all the way due to they pinch and make a noise because the glass has to wear and break in the plastic slightly for when you close them. Second, 'eventually' they will ruin the rubber weather stripping along and inside of the window. You may even damage the rubber from when trying to put them in(as my dealership did). They were put in by my dealership but cracked when they had to removed them, this is because you have to bend them slightly to get them in the window channel. Atleast with the outside ones its easy on, easy off and you can replace the double sided tape if it gets old, dirty or worn. This is my experience with the two types.

Quick Reply: Rain Guards