4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Best Oil and Filter for 2011 Longhorn

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:59 AM
WNDERR
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoon, I think you have been misinformed. There are very few vehicle manufacturers, if any at all, who suggest 3,000 mile changes. That's been gone for a long time.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 AM
gutty96
Veteran

Originally Posted by WNDERR
Spoon, I think you have been misinformed. There are very few vehicle manufacturers, if any at all, who suggest 3,000 mile changes. That's been gone for a long time.
That may be true, but I think there are still a few dealerships that will put a 3000mile (5000km) reminder sticker on your windshield to try and get you back in sooner. I know mine does, and still tell them the same thing each time. I come in when the EVIC tells me too.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:21 PM
WNDERR
Veteran

Originally Posted by gutty96
That may be true, but I think there are still a few dealerships that will put a 3000mile (5000km) reminder sticker on your windshield to try and get you back in sooner. I know mine does, and still tell them the same thing each time. I come in when the EVIC tells me too.
Yep, a lot of "dealers" get the reputation as a "stealer" just because of things like that...... which is why you should read the owners manual, and adhere to their specifications. Just don't paint the manufacturers in the same hue you label the dealers...... as it starts a rumor that is not true.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 AM
ridem high
Veteran

My suggestions would be Castrol Edge,Valvoline Synpower,or Pennzoil Ultra.........I am a big fan of Valvoline,and have allways used it,but here recently I tried the Castrol Edge and like it as well.I use the k&N oil filter,if not available,I use Purolator.It really is a personal choice.If you see it works well,use it!A 4,000-5,000 mile change interval is normal these days even with conventional oil,the manual states 6,000.synthetic can hold up longer,but the warranty will only stand good for up to 6,000 OCI.

Quick Reply: Best Oil and Filter for 2011 Longhorn