4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Lift Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:58 PM
BeepBeeps
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Info Needed

I have a 2010 1500 Laramie and i am looking to lift it to fit some 35's. I am really torn between getting a 4" suspension lift or getting a 3" body lift and levleing the front. I would really like to save some money doing a body lift but have also heard some bad things about the supports becoming uneven and the bed crinkling with weight in it. I could really use some opinions/information about these two subject. Thanks !

Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 AM
MiRamDriver
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll get a variety of responses. Personally I don't think that body lifts that tall are stable and typically they look terrible because the frame rail is exposed below the truck. You also have to contend with moving your exhaust up, your hitch is lower and you'll lose your tow hooks if you have them. I went with a suspension lift myself and that is what I would recommend, unfortunately lift isn't cheap and in my opinion should be done correctly. There is a 1.25" body lift out for our trucks currently and I think that would be about the most that I would be willing to body lift a vehicle.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:42 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm for the 4" suspension over a 3" body lift and spacer in the front any day. There's arguments for both sides and horror stories for either, it all matters on what youre going to need the extra clearance for. I've had body lifts.... i'll never do it again.

Quick Reply: Lift Info Needed