4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My solution to the factory headlights!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My solution to the factory headlights!

Friend of mine over at www.retroshop.us hooked me up with a wicked set of his retro styled projector lights with HID's.

If you've been on the fence about these, let me show you something that might sway your opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSp_AB7QjnQ

It's a total night and day difference.

And they look good too:

In case you're wondering, those are 6000K Morimoto high and low HID's that are direct plug and play.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:08 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on getting a set of lights from him sometime in the near future except painted with projectors. I'm just waiting on having the money set aside and after a long time of thinking about it, I still can't make up my mind on what color to have my lights painted.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good!

I just got a set from him a couple weeks back and I love these LIGHTS!!! Huge difference, did you order the HID fog lights too? I don't want to be a thread jacker, but I'll post pics of my set up so other people can see of how they look at night too..

Old 10-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816
Looks good!

I just got a set from him a couple weeks back and I love these LIGHTS!!! Huge difference, did you order the HID fog lights too? I don't want to be a thread jacker, but I'll post pics of my set up so other people can see of how they look at night too..
I didn't order them with the lights, but he got a hold of me and sold me a set that he had laying around. Should be here on Tuesday.

Already thinking about another set though!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Nice! You'll love the fogs, the fogs take 5 minutes to plug and play! The longest part was mounting the ballast, I mounted mine like Jeremy (zip ties) literally haha. Here's a few pics I snapped, low beams w/ fogs.

IMAG0528 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

IMAG0526 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

IMAG0522 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

IMAG0505 by Mikeyyy816, on Flickr

These are 6k 55W set up.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:07 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these complete headlight assembly units you're swapping out?

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Friend of mine over at www.retroshop.us hooked me up with a wicked set of his retro styled projector lights with HID's.

If you've been on the fence about these, let me show you something that might sway your opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSp_AB7QjnQ

It's a total night and day difference.

And they look good too:

In case you're wondering, those are 6000K Morimoto high and low HID's that are direct plug and play.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:18 PM
AZdave
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They all look fantastic.
But what kinda money are we talkin about?

Old 10-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by AZdave
They all look fantastic.
They are fantastic. Check out http://retroshop.us/ and shoot an e-mail for a quote. It's a pretty penny but WELL WORTH IT!

Old 10-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by AZdave
They all look fantastic.
Well, it's all subjective to what you want to spend... I know a set like mine is close to $600 or better depending on how you do it, or hit me up in a couple of months and I'll sell you these at a price you can't pass up. Going to go down a different route for sure. But he'll do what you want. Paint, light temp, just hit him up and see. Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good.

Power_Sedan- these are complete plug and play units. You contact this guy and he'll build what you want and ship them out housings and all. You can either send your factory housings back or pay the core and keep them.

Mikey- No worries dude. I'm lookin forward to getting these bad boys in my hand. They are capped 5K's that I'll be puttin in probably Friday when I have the truck on the lift for an oil change. That and I gotta pack the sub woofer in a buddy of mine's ram that night too.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Well, it's all subjective to what you want to spend... I know a set like mine is close to $600 or better depending on how you do it, or hit me up in a couple of months and I'll sell you these at a price you can't pass up. Going to go down a different route for sure. But he'll do what you want. Paint, light temp, just hit him up and see. Good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good.

Power_Sedan- these are complete plug and play units. You contact this guy and he'll build what you want and ship them out housings and all. You can either send your factory housings back or pay the core and keep them.

Mikey- No worries dude. I'm lookin forward to getting these bad boys in my hand. They are capped 5K's that I'll be puttin in probably Friday when I have the truck on the lift for an oil change. That and I gotta pack the sub woofer in a buddy of mine's ram that night too.
nice, post pics of how it turns out with the lights at night!

Quick Reply: My solution to the factory headlights!