4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Eyeing a 2009 RAM QC SLT

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:25 AM
steelhead77
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eyeing a 2009 RAM QC SLT

Hi,

I have decided that I want a bigger truck and have begun shopping to trade my dakota for a RAM. I can get a decent deal on a low KM 09 QC 5.7L and was wonderingf if you guys know of any problems or issues I should look for before completing the deal. The dealer gave me a carproof report but I was wondering if there are things that I should look for.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2011, 08:41 AM
gutty96
Veteran

First, make sure the price works. Dealers are clearing out the 11's, and you may be able to get a brand new truck for a little more, but with better interest on the loan. The payments may not be that different.

If you do go with used. Make sure all recalls, RRT and TSB are complete.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 PM
BullyT
Professional

I bought my 2009 QC Hemi a few months ago (August) and I've put 12,000 km on it since purchase. Currently has 61,000 km total. I absolutely love the truck. There is a recent recall to replace the tie rods so you should make sure that has been done (and any other recalls). You can plug the VIN # into the Dodge website and it will tell you if there are any outstanding recalls. The sound and performance with the Hemi is great, and the mileage is better than expected...if you use a light foot on the highway so that you're in MDS mode the mileage is decent. With respect to "good deals" I notice you're in Ottawa...I'm just north of Toronto so prices should be comparable. I paid $19,600.00 for my truck (SLT model) with 49,000 km on it. (Cloth interior, no step rails). I bought from a friend's dealership and after looking around I thought that was a very good price. Gives you a comparison point. Good luck.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 AM
steelhead77
Amateur

BullyT thanks for the reply and the pricepoint comparison. The price is a little more but the market outside of Ottawa is not a good as in TO. I will get the VIN and punch it in to see what recalls are outstanding.

Even if they are not done I could technically get them all done after the fact.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:55 PM
BullyT
Professional

Yeah, you can definitely get the recalls done anytime. Just saves the hassle of going back to the dealer. As far as pricing, I looked around for quite a while at different vehicles but really liked the Ram 1500 with Hemi. As I mentioned, I bought it from a friend who works at a large dealership so I got a very good price--significantly cheaper than anything comparable I had seen.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 PM
stlram
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09 slt cc

Bought mine new in 09 and this has been one of my favorite vehicles off all time. The ride is great, lots of power with the HEMI, could get a little better gas mileage but that is probably my fault with the way I drive it!

My wife use to work for Chrysler so we probably have had every cool Dodge Jeep or Chrysler in the last 10 years other than the Viper. This truck comes in second only to my 06 SRT 8 Charger. The SRT 6 crossfire was pretty fun too, just a little to small!

Quick Reply: Eyeing a 2009 RAM QC SLT