4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Lift options and Tire size

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 10:10 PM
K_Uber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift options and Tire size

Hello everyone! I'm new to posting here but I've read alot of posts. Well I just bought a new 2011 Ram 1500 ST Quad Cab and I want to put some new rims and tires on it as well as a lift. I don't have too much money to spend so I was thinking about an AP 5" pls and some 35's or 37's. Not sure that the 37's would fit without rubbing. Does anyone know if it would fit? if not are there other cheap lift options without doing a full suspension lift?

Old 11-20-2011, 05:37 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

cheap lift options is not always a smart choice. just remember that. especially with the 4th gen 1500s being ifs.

I'm not sure on 37s fitting, but 35s will. but my advice to you is, DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, so you wont have to mess with it again. aka dont be cheap. the only time you can me cheap is with spacers and blocks. when your at a lift of 5 inches, theres not much to be cheap about

Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
K_Uber

We'll I don't have all the money to do everything I want to my truck at once so I plan on doing certain things. The first thing I want to do is the wheels and tires but that means I need a lift, the PA 5" PLS is just blocks and spacers which is why I'm considering that cheap option. It's a 3" body and a 2" to 2-1/2" leveling kit totaling 5". I wanted that now because it's only $400-$500 then I would add a suspension later when I have more money. I was wondering, with a suspension lift can I still use the leveling kit? Also what did you mean the 4th gens are "ifs"?

Old 12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why is it that people who claim to not have much money dont see the problem with spending $500 on a cheap lift and then spending another good chunk of money later on a totally different lift. Just leave your truck as is for now and put the money for your cheap lift towards a quality one down the road. Do some cosmetic things for now to enhance the look of your truck like adding fender flares since you will need them with larger tires so you dont scar up the side of your truck with rocks. Also if you want new rims and are going with 17's then buy the rims you want and put your stock tires on them and then add your big mud tires when you do your lift.

Quick Reply: Lift options and Tire size