4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ac fan (engine compartment) issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:20 AM
luc007
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac fan (engine compartment) issues

Hi everybody, I got a 2010 Hemi Ram with 15000 miles on it. I live in Florida and use the Ac 9 months a year. It has been for a few days that the Ac fan in the engine compartment has become louder than normal at the point I can hear it inside the cab with windows up (what never occured before). I brought it to Dodge and they told me after technical review that everything was fine. About the noise they said it is remains within factory standarts, even with admitting that is was louder than average.
I certainly will not keep the truck as is, especially when I am at a red light and can hear the Ac condenser fan blowing. Did anybody experienced the same problem? should I replace the fan? anything else can be done about this problem?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luc007
Hi everybody, I got a 2010 Hemi Ram with 15000 miles on it. I live in Florida and use the Ac 9 months a year. It has been for a few days that the Ac fan in the engine compartment has become louder than normal at the point I can hear it inside the cab with windows up (what never occured before). I brought it to Dodge and they told me after technical review that everything was fine. About the noise they said it is remains within factory standarts, even with admitting that is was louder than average.
I certainly will not keep the truck as is, especially when I am at a red light and can hear the Ac condenser fan blowing. Did anybody experienced the same problem? should I replace the fan? anything else can be done about this problem?
Check out another dealer....some dealers service departments should be shut down.

I would say fix it yourself or bring it to a private shop and have them look at it, but if it's under warranty try another dealer in the area. Good luck, keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Ac fan (engine compartment) issues