4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Hello! New Ram 1500 owner with a question

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 03:00 PM
bigjoey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Hello! New Ram 1500 owner with a question

Hi There, new owner here.

I traded in my 06 Toyota Matrix for an 09 Ram 1500 Crew Cab model.
Its in super clean condition and I love it except for the minor smoke smell ( i think its smoke)

I've tried Ozium deodorizing air spray and Febreeze and air fresheners but its still there

Its killing me cause the car is mint otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 11-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum bud! You'll love this site....

Here is a tip from a buddy once told me (I'd try researching it and see what they say about it online possibly...) But he said take baking soda and sprinkle it around and leave it for a day or two then vacuum it up...supposed to be great. But like I said look it up possibly worth a shot?? Possibly shampooing the seats as well?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:18 PM
bigjoey

Thanks for the welcome
That explains the white power I saw on the rug!
I'm guessing the dealer tried this but I'll try this and then shampooIng the rugs after.
I got some auto smell bomb stuff today that supposedly kills odors. I'll post back how it works.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Nice, let us know how it works...and post a pic of your sweet new whip! I know how you feel about the smoke smell now... I have quit smoking as of 6 months ago and got in my boss's turd-150 recently and I don't know how I ever used to smoke in my old truck....I always made it a point to not smoke in the RAM and sure glad I never did!

Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 PM
tobyjohnson11
Rookie

Welcome!!

Just keep cleaning it. The clean smell will overpower the smoke sooner or later.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 AM
bigjoey

Mikey, Is your truck Austin tan pearl ? Cause my 09 looks a lot like yours!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjoey
Hi There, new owner here.

I traded in my 06 Toyota Matrix for an 09 Ram 1500 Crew Cab model.
Its in super clean condition and I love it except for the minor smoke smell ( i think its smoke)

I've tried Ozium deodorizing air spray and Febreeze and air fresheners but its still there

Its killing me cause the car is mint otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Joey,

Thanks for choosing a Ram!!!

Back when I was in the used car business we used the following method to rid our vehicles of smells. Take some freshly used coffee grounds and put them in some type of open container like a old coffee can with holes poked into the lid. Roll up all the windows and let the vehicle sit for as long as possible. 24 hours used to do the trick. Then remove the coffee grounds and see what you get. It's cheap and the grounds smell usually disapate in a day or two along with the unwanted smells. Hope it works for you....

Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Byarosh

A buddy I work with bought this spray at auto zone or pep boys or something like that its a glycol based product. One spray in his car and all the smells were gone he isn't a smoker but he'd let me smoke in his car while we were carpooling to a job in long island. One spray a week he'd do. And no smells not even our work boots would leave an odor. If you do get it, be careful to not spray it on anything plastic like the label says. He got some on a rear pillar, the plastic faded a tad so its speckled.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bigjoey
Mikey, Is your truck Austin tan pearl ? Cause my 09 looks a lot like yours!
Yah my truck is the Austin Tan Pearl Coat...A lot of my buddies say they don't like the color I honestly love it and for the simple fact that not to many other RAM owner's have this color. I really love the Blue and Black RAM's but every other RAM I see has it, that's why I chose this color...

Quick Reply: Hello! New Ram 1500 owner with a question