4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I just got raped on some shipping but im glad i got it

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pull Ya
I have had one installed in my truck for about 3 months.(2010 Dodge 1500 Quad cab 4x4 Hemi) The shifts do not seem to be "hard" as what you would expect from a "shift kit". However, I can tell there is a difference in the shifting under acceleration. The largest difference I have seen is in the automatic downshift when slowing down. It is much more noticeable. I have not had any problems with the Sonnex and I have driven about 5K miles since the installation.(I installed the Sonnex before I read the comments in my above post.)
Jay
When your talking acceleration are you saying your "average" acceleration or WOT? I was under the understanding that the pressure sensors do not come into play under WOT it is a set computer value there. So I do know that these boosters will help then.

What kind of boost did you get? I think there was around a 30psi or a 60 if im not mistaken...and are you running a tuner by chance? because this can help with that too from factory. Just getting curious now because I remember how much I liked it in my 3rd gen and now i really want one for this!

Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Darek117
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate769
When your talking acceleration are you saying your "average" acceleration or WOT? I was under the understanding that the pressure sensors do not come into play under WOT it is a set computer value there. So I do know that these boosters will help then.

What kind of boost did you get? I think there was around a 30psi or a 60 if im not mistaken...and are you running a tuner by chance? because this can help with that too from factory. Just getting curious now because I remember how much I liked it in my 3rd gen and now i really want one for this!
From what i read on the Circle D site i bought mine from is 15-30 psi gains.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Pull Ya
Professional

Under average acceleration. I also think I got the 15-30 boost. I also do not have a tuner. I have not convinced myself that 17-20hp is worth $400 to an old guy like me. I'd rather spend 6k on a supercharger and be done with it. I have always had "shift kits" prior to this in my other trucks(Cummins)and there is quite a difference in the two. The shift kit is much more "solid" when shifting. I would still install the Sonnex given the information that I have read so far.
Jay

Old 12-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Darek117
Rookie

well its my mud truck/daily driver so lots of speed is not what im going for but power will do. I know with power comes speed but after i put my bilsteins on and the 1" rear spacer 34s and a 2" or 3" body lift with some 4.10s i dont know how much speed ill have left.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Pull Ya
Professional

I think your gear change will probably help as much as anything short of major engine work or maybe a supercharger(LOL). If you use it for mud drags you might even think of a set of 4:56's. Your lift won't help your mileage much.
Jay

Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Darek117
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pull Ya
I think your gear change will probably help as much as anything short of major engine work or maybe a supercharger(LOL). If you use it for mud drags you might even think of a set of 4:56's. Your lift won't help your mileage much.
Jay
I considered getting 4.56's. I suppose i might as well if I'm gonna swap them out anyway. I dont know about doing mud drags tho. I dont want to spend $1500+ on a real suspension lift and the mud drags we have around here a good set of 37 or bigger with 6" lift you might do okay. That mud is deep! lol

Old 01-30-2012, 07:13 PM
72combo
Champion

Could you not just remove the Sonnex part if your tranny starts acting up and play dumb?

Quick Reply: I just got raped on some shipping but im glad i got it