4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Trick my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Karnagia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trick my truck?

I've always had Dodge's and love them but just recently bought my first Ram. I've added a few things but was looking for some recommendations on how to make this truck all that it can be.
Pretend, momentarily, that money isn't an option: what would you do to improve it, why, and how much (estimate) would it cost?

She's a 2012 Ram1500 Sport w/ the 5.7L Hemi

Old 01-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum and SWEEEEEEET looking truck, love the hood!

Here are some mods...a few cheap ones then then pull out the wallet! haha

If you want pics of any of these mods, let me know and I can post some of mine for yah if you'd like..

B-Pillar Black Tape Removal - FREE! (It's painted underneath and really stands out)

Stubby Antenna - $12(ish) pepboys

Window Tint - This depends on your location and how much they charge, here in NJ they borderline rape you. But couple hundred if you do all the windows. If you do just the front two to match it'll be cheaper.

Exhaust - Muffler swap ($100-$150 to have a shop pull it out and just weld one in there) or you can buy Cat-Back exhaust which I did. Depends on the brand for how much it'll be.

HID's - If you go w/ just a plug and play kit, $150 for a quality kit. You could also go w/ a projector set up (preferred so you don't blind other drivers) you'll spend anywhere from $400-$???, bc it depends if you spend $$ on pre-made kit or custom headlights.

BT Catch Can - I think this is the most important mod of all... read my thread on this...but this kit will cost about $125-$150 depending on the hoses you get w/ it.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...installed.html

Programmer/Tuner - But they don't have them for the 2011's yet 2012's so just keep an eye out for them! Really worth it if you want to unleash this HEMI!

Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

debadge: free
b pillar blackout removal: free
hid projector retofit DIY: $275
2/4 drop: unsure

Old 01-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Karnagia

All mods will be put on hold ...some one just came around the corner, slammed into my truck (it was parked at my house) and took off...leaving a huge dent all down the drivers side. The police came out and said they can't do anything on 'private property' without a license plate number (there were several witnesses who got make and model but no one could see a plate number) so I'm going hunting.

Last edited by Karnagia; 01-03-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Karnagia
All mods will be put on hold ...some one just came around the corner, slammed into my truck (it was parked at my house) and took off...leaving a huge dent all down the drivers side. The police came out and said they can't do anything on 'private property' without a license plate number (there were several witnesses who got make and model but no one could see a plate number) so I'm going hunting.
Dude, sorry to hear about that....hope you get it repaired quickly!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 AM
shieldsdb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mikeyyy816

If you want pics of any of these mods, let me know and I can post some of mine for yah if you'd like..

B-Pillar Black Tape Removal - FREE! (It's painted underneath and really stands out)
Could you post pics of the B Pillar? Curious to see how that looks.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Trick my truck?