4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bedtred liners

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Arachnyd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bedtred liners

I ordered a Bedtred liner. I was VERY skeptical. Theres not a lot of information on them out there, but when I realized they had a lifetime warranty, I thought "what the heck". I was on a budget and didn't want to spend $700 on a LineX, and the Rhino dealer around here is long gone.

I guess I kind of invisioned them being similar to do the toolbox liners I use. Not sure why I presumed that. I was even skeptical as I was putting it together, but once its in my truck I must say I am now a believer. this liner is great, not only is it 1/2 the price of a spray in, its removable, is slightly cushiony (but no so much its problemmatic, just enough not to hurt your knees when your kneeling in the bed), and it has grip to it.

I'd compare it more to a "rhino" liner than a Linex (which I prefer for the softer grip). It has a lifetime warranty and a great look.

I couldnt find good information when I ordered it, so I wanted to share some info for some future BedTred owners. I installed BedTred on my 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 just two weeks ago, and I've been overjoyed. ITs a layered product, with a layer of BedRug covered in what appears to be similar to spray in bed-liner. It has the texture of the spray in and the feel/grip of it, and even appears to be about the same thickness. Installation took about an hour and a half, but was pretty simple. Once its in there, it really does feel solid, and unlike plastic liners, isn't going to tear up your bed. No one that has seen it has any idea that it isn't a spray in bedliner- It really is a solid fit.

It seems to mash all the benefits of a spray in with all the benefits of a removable, PLUS the slight cushion is a huge benefit to anyone who actually does WORK in the bed of their truck. Instructions were included and were pretty simple.

haven't found a negative yet, but just 3 weeks ago when I was ordering it, I was VERY skeptical, and I found my fears to be unwarranted. This looks like a REALLY good product. The only negative may be that it appears to be damaged by gasoline spilled on it based on a warning label with the product, and may not be as chemical resistant as spray ins, but I'll report what I find as I transport a lot of motorcycles/atvs/sleds and I'm sure I'll find out for sure.

Version 2 is easier than Version 1 as it has zip up sides (back side) to give it a seemless appearance. Version 1 has velcro strips to hold those pieces together. Version 1 is about 25-50 cheaper on ebay, but version 2 has a mail in rebate right now and is sold by sources giving lifetime warranties you may not get on ebay.

Just wanted to share my experience since I had a lot of trouble finding reviews or information online. Hope that helps!

Last edited by Arachnyd; 01-27-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Dusty48
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Bedrug which I'm very please with overall. You can crawl around in it and not hurt your kness. It is nicely cushioned, cleans up well and just looks better. Had a full plastic liner in my Dakota, but I didn't want to use a hard liner in the Ram because of paint abrasion. Nor did i want a sprayed liner because of how dirty they get and sun bleaching.

The only problem I've had with the Bedrug is the carpet freezing preventing me from lowering the tailgate. I see your Bedtred is two pieces. The Bedrug is not. I mat cut mine to prevent this from happening again.

Regards,
Dusty
2010 Ram Big Horn 1500 Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 545RFE, 3.92 LSD, dual exhaust, 20” wheels

Quick Reply: Bedtred liners