4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anyone have RetroShop HIDs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:49 PM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have RetroShop HIDs?

I'm looking for some feedback from people who have installed the RetroShop HIDs (projector HIDs in 4th Gen RAM). Wondering what your feedback is on the quality and any problems you've had. How long have you had them? In particular I'm wondering if they hold up well for the long term.

I've used HIDExtra and have been very disappointed with quality. I'd gladly pay the $$ for a decent set of HIDs that just works and lasts. Need to know if RetroShop stuff fits that bill or if there is something else that does. I'm back to stock (well, Silverstar Ultras, but still incandescent) and I need more light.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Retroshop and Retro Solutions are two different things... Retroshop is Jeremys company who does the headlight retro fit. Retro-Solutions is the HID company. I am running both setups and I loveeeee them. Retro-Solutions has treated me well... Used there customer service and it was painless. As for the lights good quality so far and I have no issues with my TPMS as most people have after installing HIDs. I am running 55W, 6K in my heads and fogs.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:38 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

Thanks for the clarification. I guess ultimately I'm interested in Retro Solutions HIDs installed and packaged by RetroShop, because that's where I'm considering getting them. So I do want to get feedback on both the product (how reliable are the HID parts?) and on the overall workmanship and quality of Jeremy's retrofitting.

I'm mainly concerned because the HIDExtra stuff tends to go to hell after a few months. I've had several sets where a bulb starts to flicker or fails to turn on. Last thing I want is an excuse for the po-po to pull me over for something I have no control over. Not to mention actually having both lights on at night helps see better.

Rob

Old 04-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Nate769
All Star

and I have 2 sets of HIDS from HID extra and I have yet to have an issue...I have had them in my truck since last october or something...Now they could have beefed up their product at that time, but who knows. Mine still work very well, and no issues with computers or anything!

I am however interested in getting projectors. However I don't like the style of some the ones that everyone is selling. Do you know mikey if retroshop does a custom retro that will ship to Canada?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 PM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont know why he couldn't ship to canada. I have the projectors in mine from jeremy at retroshop and absolutely love them, easy to deal with and great quality in his work and the wiring harness from retro solutions.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 AM
InterpunX
Captain

I have a set on order from Jeremy if projector heads and fogs, it's just a Lil more for the customs.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 AM
BigBlueEdge
Record Breaker

So nobody has had a set of these installed for any length of time then? Bummer. Hard to pull the trigger on something this costly with no way to judge whether they will last.

Rob

Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 AM
jayman84
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

there are people over on dodge talk who have had this setup for over a year with no problems at all. I ran my old hidxtra setup that I had for almost two years and now my buddy has my old setup in his truck with no problems. Retro solutions has much higher quality parts than hidxtra does. Just go for it.

Quick Reply: Anyone have RetroShop HIDs?