4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need advice on more power

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

4.56 gears : D

Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 PM
chris_smith-1986
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would that do? And how would I go about doing that?

Not very knowledgeable on my end

Old 07-15-2012, 08:29 AM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

It will do exactly what Cmerritt84 is expressing, placing a large grin on your face with a lot more low end power gained!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 AM
Nelloots
Default RIPP super charger.

Originally Posted by POWER SEDAN
There are very limited options with the Eagle VVT heads when it comes to aftermarket cams.

I believe RIPP had a thread here regarding a resent sale on their supercharger. Seemed to put down some serious numbers, however I'm not familiar or have not seen any other threads with members who have validated those numbers.

I know the peeople at RIPP personally. Good people. And they are getting alot of good press all over the internet and TV. looks like a nice system. There is no tuner that I know of for my 2011. So I may go that route as well.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Pull Ya
Professional

I don't want to start a war, but damn man, your all over the map. First, what do you want(you said, more power??????)--how are you going to use your truck, what are your expectations, how much are you willing to spend, etc etc etc. What gears do you have now? Are you going to street race, are you going to the strip and race, are you willing to change your torque convertor and strengthen your trans to hold the additional hp and tq you are going to have----Lots to think about first before you start just buying stuff and throwing it together. Maybe think about the end result you are looking for and then there are plenty of knowlegeable people here that can help you with a "road map" to get you to your goal with parts that all compliment each other. I'm not trying to be an *** about this just trying to figure out what you really want and then figure out how you can do it in the most cost effective way.
Jay

Last edited by Pull Ya; 07-16-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
chris_smith-1986

Originally Posted by Pull Ya
I don't want to start a war, but damn man, your all over the map. First, what do you want(you said, more power??????)--how are you going to use your truck, what are your expectations, how much are you willing to spend, etc etc etc. What gears do you have now? Are you going to street race, are you going to the strip and race, are you willing to change your torque convertor and strengthen your trans to hold the additional hp and tq you are going to have----Lots to think about first before you start just buying stuff and throwing it together. Maybe think about the end result you are looking for and then there are plenty of knowlegeable people here that can help you with a "road map" to get you to your goal with parts that all compliment each other. I'm not trying to be an *** about this just trying to figure out what you really want and then figure out how you can do it in the most cost effective way.
Jay
I'm planning on using it as a daily driver and I'd love to maximize power output. Street racing is absolutely out of the question as its illegal and I'd be pissed at myself if it were impounded or my license was taken away.

I'll be making 8-11k over the next few months so I'll be SC it and adding many more upgrades as I work for my money and save. As for the gear ratio, not the slightest f-ing clue. Read the entire thread.( pay close attn to the first ? I posted and read that I'm not mechanically inclined)

I appreciate everyone's advice including yours.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Originally Posted by Nelloots
I know the peeople at RIPP personally. Good people. And they are getting alot of good press all over the internet and TV. looks like a nice system. There is no tuner that I know of for my 2011. So I may go that route as well.
What software is RIPP using to recalibrate the '11-C with their SC system, after install?

Old 07-18-2012, 07:36 PM
ram10
Amateur
Old 07-18-2012, 10:59 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ram10
Actually, this is the correct link.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:47 PM
chris_smith-1986

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
Actually, this is the correct link.
Thanks! I've looked into this first but to find a dealer and an installer? I've sent off an email to request pricing and additional questions I needed answering! Thank for the advice everyone!

Quick Reply: Need advice on more power