4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2013 ram 1500 r/t

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 05:52 AM
JonathanA
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by War Horse
It's suppose to be longer with more storage and bigger openings.
Sweet!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These will be the headlights for the Laramie, Longhorn, and I'm guessing any upgraded Lone Star/Big Horn. No idea which version the Sport will get.

I hope these are the ones the sport gets too...but either way it depends on what model I will upgrade too...I have been pricing it out, and its just about as expensive for me to get into a Laramie longhorn for the price of a sport. Because the longhorn is such a high package it should come equipped with all the options already. When I price out a sport and a laramie longhorn, the sport comes out to just over 39grand, the longhorn just over 40...The difference is there's 14grand options on the sport, and only just over a grand on the longhorn. So I will see, but either way I hope that those black ones are a possible option not a standard.

Mikey...
Yes I do fully agree with you, they are fully capable of doing it. Especially now that Fiat is involved where their vehicles are already equipped with them. But who knows right? We will never know until the trucks are here and a few of us are behind the wheel at night. If in fact they are self adjusting headlights (rumors) that alone will make a world of difference. Then to couple that with a projector beam would be soo much better then the existing. AT LEAST THEY ARE TRYING! Because you have to remember too the 2013s are getting a "beefyer" computer system. Some of us have had major issues involving their HIDS, and I am starting to experience some tire pressure monitor system failure myself. Maybe the only reason why they have not put HIDs in yet is because they needed another year to perfect their computer to allow for that. I know it should be pretty easy but just don't know, we are not engineers...

Old 07-16-2012, 02:28 PM
scatpack_69
All Star
Talking

Thing's gorgeous. Perfect, headlights look great IMO.

Now....where's the supercharged 6.4 I keep hearing about?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:46 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scatpack_69
Thing's gorgeous. Perfect, headlights look great IMO.

Now....where's the supercharged 6.4 I keep hearing about?
SC 6.4? That's a new one, and very unlikely. Chrysler is not a SC type of manufacturer. You are thinking of Ford and GM. I also think the 6.4 is a less than 50% in a "SRT" version. Hope I am wrong, but doubt it. The concept is getting old without any hard evidence of it going into production. I think their 04-06 experience scares them. Not a big demand for a low mpg 50k truck.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

These will be the headlights for the Laramie, Longhorn, and I'm guessing any upgraded Lone Star/Big Horn. No idea which version the Sport will get.

Sport will get the laramie lights if history holds

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 07-17-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:52 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
SC 6.4? That's a new one, and very unlikely.
Allpar has some stuff on it, rumors of course, supposed to bow in a new Cuda. But that's been looking less likely. But....I'd still like to see a factory Kenne Bell'ed SRT8.

The forced induction setups from Ford and GM are kicking the crap out of Chrysler, and the Challenger isn't exactly a lightweight. They almost have to do forced induction to keep up, or forever get kicked in the mud by the fanboys

Old 07-18-2012, 07:09 AM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Originally Posted by scatpack_69
Allpar has some stuff on it, rumors of course, supposed to bow in a new Cuda. But that's been looking less likely. But....I'd still like to see a factory Kenne Bell'ed SRT8.

The forced induction setups from Ford and GM are kicking the crap out of Chrysler, and the Challenger isn't exactly a lightweight. They almost have to do forced induction to keep up, or forever get kicked in the mud by the fanboys
It's suppose to come out next year, or possibly '14 model year, however it's going to be a 6.2 displacement superchargered, which will replace the 6.4.

What a entertaining motor that would make for our trucks (dreaming), lol!

Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 PM
War Horse
All Star

Check out this screen cap from a 2013 Promotional Video. The video shows an SLT with the normal 2009-2012 headlights. So, hopefully the 2013 HID lights will be an easy plug-and-play mod.

Quick Reply: 2013 ram 1500 r/t