4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
View Poll Results: Which Floortmats
Weather tech floor liners
73.33%
Ram OEM Rubber mats (see link)
6.67%
Other
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Which floormats? Weather techs or OEM rubber?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012 | 10:55 AM
mustangguy289
|
Professional
Default Which floormats? Weather techs or OEM rubber?

I can't decide which set of floormats to go with for my '12 Ram 1500 crew.

I have had weathertech floor liners in my last two trucks and love how they completely protect the carpet, are easy to clean, and with a little interior cleaner can look brand new every time you clean them. However my wife always complained how the passenger one (no hook) would slide around.

However, I also like the RAM Oem rubber floor mats. They are cheaper and have the ram logo. My only thing with rubber mats is once they get dirty and used it is hard to keep them looking new ( I have run into this with my wife's 4 month on jeep).

Any experience with these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/O-E-M-11-12-...06%26rk%3D1%26

Weather Techs:
Pros
Completely protect carpet
Easy to keep looking new

Cons
More expensive (about $65-70 for the set more)
Slide around on the matts that do not have the hook
Do not have Ram logo.

OEM Rubber
Pros
Will not slide around ( i think)
Ram Logo
Cheaper

Cons
Do not protect entire carpet (maybe)
Hard to keep new lookings

Discuss... anybody have pictures of either set in their truck? Mine is the dark slate so I will be going with black.

Old 08-09-2012 | 11:11 AM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/automot...questid=21920&

These are the ones I use from Sams Club. $20 and you get 2 front and 2 for the back. I have a CC and they work pretty well. The wife has the truck on a trip so I can't post pictures today. They do require trimming to fit but I was surprised how well they work. Go to the local Sams and buy a set and then try them in the parking lot, if you don't like them just return them. These are actually nice and sturdy not what you'd expect for the price.

Old 08-09-2012 | 11:19 AM
whiteboycustom
Professional

i like how the weather techs sit over the lip on the door jam so dirt and grass or mud dont slide in that crack, i dont have much rear seat traffic so i chose not to get the rear one

Old 08-09-2012 | 11:29 AM
mustangguy289
|
Professional

We go atv trail riding a ton and use the back floor for gear... helmets, boots, tools, etc. It is not uncommon to find a bunch of sand and dirt on the rear mat when we get home.

Old 08-09-2012 | 01:18 PM
War Horse
All Star

I've got full sets on both my RAM and the wife's sedan. Great mats that are well worth the cash.

Old 08-09-2012 | 02:24 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User

Sorry PedroDog, those type of mats just don't compare...Not even the slightest.
I've seen alot of floor mats. Even my 2012 Wife's Forester has the OEM fitted rubber floor mats part of the "All-Weather" package. They aren't near as nice as my WeatherTech Laser fitted mats which fit perfectly. I might take hers out and replace them for Weathertechs for Christmas. Her mats were part of a $250 package.

I have both front and rear mats. Well worth $200. The rear mat isn't as nice of a fit, but its still worth it. Has lips on it as well. Front mats hands down WeatherTech Laser fitted.

Old 08-09-2012 | 02:38 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker

dirtydog, I'm not saying that they compare to the $200+ mats, but they are worth a look. My wife will bring the truck home next week and I'll post some pictures-you'll be surprised. I've had the Weather Techs and although they are great, to me they are not worth the $.

Old 08-09-2012 | 03:37 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by mustangguy289

Weather Techs:
Pros
Completely protect carpet
Easy to keep looking new

Cons
More expensive (about $65-70 for the set more)
Slide around on the matts that do not have the hook
Do not have Ram logo.
The weathertechs do not slide at all in the 4th gen rams, there is no where for them to move. I've had them in my CC since I got the truck.

The only small complaint I have about mine is that you could not get a 1 peice front Mat when I bought mine (bench with column shift) But now it looks like they actually sell the 1 piece that covers the middle area.

Last edited by oldjeep; 08-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2012 | 04:10 PM
mustangguy289
|
Professional

Originally Posted by oldjeep
The weathertechs do not slide at all in the 4th gen rams, there is no where for them to move. I've had them in my CC since I got the truck.

The only small complaint I have about mine is that you could not get a 1 peice front Mat when I bought mine (bench with column shift) But now it looks like they actually sell the 1 piece that covers the middle area.
It was only the passenger one that would move on my 3rd gen ram. The driver and rear one never moved. I do not remember having the problem in my F150 that I had them in.

I have the center console so no middle hump in the front for me.

I think the only reason I want the OEM slush ones is because it is cheaper. I think long term I would regret not getting with weather techs. Also, when I sold my 3rd gen... the carpet underneath the weather techs looked like it just came off the factory line.

Old 08-09-2012 | 04:33 PM
oldjeep
Champion

I live in MN and track so much slop and salt into the truck that the weathertechs are a no brainer. I've had mats like the ones you are looking at in other vehicles and you always wind up with the dirt/salt stains in the carpet around the perimeter and they allow the slush to melt and run under the mat. Not the end of the world, but I like that I never have to clean the carpet up.

Quick Reply: Which floormats? Weather techs or OEM rubber?