4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2013 Ram Engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Most people on this site, and others, are usually enthusiasts, at least the ones that stick around for longer than a post or two. Enthusiasts generally like addtional power. Therefore I would expect many here to say no way in hell would I buy it. But for the non-enthusiast group I would expect a certain percentage of acceptance. Especially businesses that do light hauling or people who must have a truck and is concerned about mpg. We see those newbie posts all the time. Your answer should now be the new v6, not "do not buy a truck".

If it truely puts out the claimed numbers it will work fine for day to day truck applications. Keeping in mind most light duty trucks today are just people haulers with the ocasional load of mulch and 2x4s.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 10-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
Keeping in mind most light duty trucks today are just people haulers with the ocasional load of mulch and 2x4s.
Or if you look at this site - most pickups are lifted, made noisier and have "performance" toys added and never haul or tow anything heavier than the owners rear end

Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 PM
menarefrommars
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see 2013 RAM V6 adds on the TV all the time but can't find them in any inventory in the DFW area. Also see talk of Spring 2013. Why advertise if they aren't in inventory?

Old 11-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I personally would not get a v6 in a F/S truck. I had one before. Had no power at all. At least get a 4.7.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by menarefrommars
I see 2013 RAM V6 adds on the TV all the time but can't find them in any inventory in the DFW area. Also see talk of Spring 2013. Why advertise if they aren't in inventory?
Men,

They are currently being built and are shipping to the dealers to stock inventories. As far as the advertising goes, that is also to let you know they are available for order for those that wish to do so.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
menarefrommars
Rookie

Chris, thanks. I was at a dealer yesterday and he said he had one on its way. I assume women can order these, also.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Chris, thanks. I was at a dealer yesterday and he said he had one on its way. I assume women can order these, also.

Sorry, I just was using the first part of your user name. No disrespect intended.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:05 AM
jaflowers
Professional

I had a 1992 full size chevy 4x4 extended cab with a 5 speed manual and 4.3 vortec V6. That truck was great. Hauled everything I needed to, pulled trailers up to 7000 lbs a few times and got 21mpg on the interstate with no load..... was just a good all around truck. That old 4.3 vortec was only a 180 hp, 230 lb tourqe motor.

The new V6 from Dodge seems to work well in my wifes 2011 Charger. I wish it had a little different gearing and I'm sure in the Ram it will. For a daily driver with normal type 1/2 ton hauling it ought to do just fine. It won't break any speed records or towing contests but it will do what 90% of truck owners need. It'll be interesting to see how it does mated to the 8 speed tranny and the real world mpg numbers. I'll keep my Hemi 09 but maybe look at one of these for the wife if she can't use her Charger in the Colorado snow.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
menarefrommars
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Sorry, I just was using the first part of your user name. No disrespect intended.
Chris, I'm laughing. I thought "Men" was referring to all the guys on the forum. I'm sure there are women members of the forum also. When I was trying to register, I got frustrated with all my inputs already being taken so I just typed out menarefrommars and it took. I think I would abbreviate it mafm or just mars.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Chris, I'm laughing. I thought "Men" was referring to all the guys on the forum. I'm sure there are women members of the forum also. When I was trying to register, I got frustrated with all my inputs already being taken so I just typed out menarefrommars and it took. I think I would abbreviate it mafm or just mars.

Mars,

I almost used Mars the first time. Yes, many women on this forum and the other forums I follow. What I have noticed is that when the username seems to identify a female there is much more activity on the thread and questions get answered faster.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ram Engine