4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Hate the Bumper On My Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012 | 02:00 PM
XDmeister
|
Default Hate the Bumper On My Ram 1500

I have a 2010 Ram 1500. I really do not like the factory bumper. It hangs too low to the ground. I have lifted the truck 2.5", but the ground clearance is still not satisfactory. Are there after market chrome bumpers that have a smaller profile and do not hang down so much? I have an ST model without fog lights.

Old 09-30-2012 | 02:31 AM
Geawiel
Rookie

I don't like the way the front bumper looks w/o fog lights either. For me, I HATE chrome so, it's way too much chrome up front. I plan on eventually getting a body color front and rear bumper. Instead of the chrome ones. I already painted my grill black and, made the ram in the Ram symbol of the grill red.

As far as ground clearance, I think it's fine the way it is. I took it mudding a few times already on factory height and had no problems at all.

Old 10-10-2012 | 09:50 PM
14cpilgrim

Actually it has cause some problems for me. i had a 2" level in the front and the bumper hit the ground and pushed up into the fender wells so it is no longer flush. it is about 2 inches inside. also it gets stabbed with sticks that are under the mud and it has a big dent in the front. i have actually had a stick stuck inside of the cutout in the bumper. haha.

Quick Reply: Hate the Bumper On My Ram 1500