4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

fluid film for rust protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 04:08 PM
gregc57
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fluid film for rust protection

anyone have this done looking for whats best for my 20012 ram 1500

Old 11-01-2012, 11:24 AM
PostalTwo
Professional

i would get crown or oil guard or somthing like that flid film prob wont stick around

Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 PM
topgun
Captain

Originally Posted by PostalTwo
i would get crown or oil guard or somthing like that flid film prob wont stick around
Fluid Film has been around since the 40's and is not going anywhere. Besides, in the USA Krown is non existant unless you are close to the Canadian border.

I like Fluid Film and used it on my truck. You do need to touch it up from time to time but that is better than the old style rustproofing that drys and then collects water and salt under the stuff which leads to rustout. With the super nasty salt brine they use today (at least in PA) you need to do something to protect your investment.

Depending on where you are located, you can possibly find a local dealer that sprays Fluid Film or buy a do it yourself kit. As with most products of this sort, the application can make or break the end results you experience.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
gregc57
Amateur

got i done with fluid film about a week ago we will see what happens over there years of having it done every year
not a fan of other rust protection that drips on the lane way and runs out and makes the things like dirt and salt stick to the truck

Quick Reply: fluid film for rust protection