4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anyone hauling motorcycles or quads?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hauling motorcycles or quads?

I was wondering what you guys were connecting your tie downs to? Or if anyone has aftermarket bull rings or something. Hauling in my 2nd and 3rd gens were easy, but they went and changed the bed up a little on the 4th gens.

Thanks guys.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 PM
OFFK

I use a pair of these and then attach soft ties from locations on the bikes to the hooks in the bed. The Baxly wheel chock essentially holds the bike for all intents and purposes. The soft ties just keep them from moving around the bed.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:13 AM
bluedodge23

Ive hauled 3 dirt bikes in my truck at one time. I used the hooks on the front and the holes in the back. The bike on the outside i just hooked to the bed rail. Put two in frontwards and one in backwards. It takes a lot of straps to haul 3 but 2 is no problem. if you haul one just put it crossways and use the hook in the front and one of the holes in the rear. If you use cam-buckle straps it makes hauling alot easier also. I use Pro taper straps with the locking hooks.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 AM
09RuffRam
Veteran

my bed just has 4 stock rings (one in each corner of the box) usually with my quad i just throw a tie down from the front corner of the box to the front of the quad on each side and one from my hitch to back side of the quad in the middle.

Quick Reply: Anyone hauling motorcycles or quads?