4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Trade In for '09 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:36 PM
SeanTG84
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade In for '09 Ram

Hey guys, new to the site and was hoping to get some of your advice. So I am considering trading in my '04 Bonnieville GXP for a used '09 Ram 1500 with 43k on it.

I was just wondering if you guys could give me some pointers of what to look for when I'm taking a look at it. I read an issue pertaining to bolts breaking off in the heads, is this common? This will be my DD and work truck so I would need it to be rather maintenance free (which i know is a goal for everyone), but I am also currently working on a project car of mine.

Also, what kind of MPGs are you guys getting? It's not a huge concern really but i would like something that gets close to my GXP which for me is around 16-18 combined MPGs. Do the '09s have the MDS?

So far I narrowed it down to either the new Ram or a F-150, but I prefer the styling of the Ram.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Atomic Dog
Professional

Rear end issues. Search the 4th gen forums about the issues. Listen and use your ears. You don't want to hear any growl or grinding. See if the vehicle you are looking at is recalled for the rear end issues. https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2012...-failures.html

Old 12-16-2012, 01:17 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the Bonnieville and Finance the Ram, Your car is way to cool to give it up out right for the trade in hit your taking on, I love the grandprix, Bonnieville supercharged cars, one of the better GM accomplishments!!!
and they dont drive like FWD cars..

Old 12-17-2012, 08:27 AM
SeanTG84
Rookie

Originally Posted by cyclone429
Keep the Bonnieville and Finance the Ram, Your car is way to cool to give it up out right for the trade in hit your taking on, I love the grandprix, Bonnieville supercharged cars, one of the better GM accomplishments!!!
and they dont drive like FWD cars..
Well thank you Cyclone. That is definitely a tough spot for me. I really do enjoy my Bonneville GXP with the Northstar V8 (a real sleeper), but in MN, it sure is nice to have that 4x4 capabilities! Ideally I would like to either keep the GXP or sell it to someone I know will take car of her as they only made 4200 of them, but that is not an easy sell and I already have a Camaro Z28 sitting in the garage...

Thanks for the advice! Thoughts on the 4.7L vs the Hemi 5.7L? I won't be doing a ton of hauling or anything like that.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanTG84
Hey guys, new to the site and was hoping to get some of your advice. So I am considering trading in my '04 Bonnieville GXP for a used '09 Ram 1500 with 43k on it.

I was just wondering if you guys could give me some pointers of what to look for when I'm taking a look at it. I read an issue pertaining to bolts breaking off in the heads, is this common? This will be my DD and work truck so I would need it to be rather maintenance free (which i know is a goal for everyone), but I am also currently working on a project car of mine.

Also, what kind of MPGs are you guys getting? It's not a huge concern really but i would like something that gets close to my GXP which for me is around 16-18 combined MPGs. Do the '09s have the MDS?

So far I narrowed it down to either the new Ram or a F-150, but I prefer the styling of the Ram.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sean,

If you PM me the vin I can check for any recalls or warranty restrictions on the vehicle and send you a build sheet as well.

Quick Reply: Trade In for '09 Ram