4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

traded my dodge for a ford

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LU229
$14k off the window sticker...??? Holy ****, on a 2013 model..???? I dont know how you guys do it, but i`ve NEVER gotton much off the window sticker on ANY deal and i`ve traveled to MANY dealerships to try to find a deal. It must be the people that get these kinda deals arent trading in anything... and buying them outright.
Might just be your attitude

This is an example of what you can get without even trying to bargain with them. They are at 8K off sticker without even starting to negotiate. Mine was around 11K off sticker when I bought it and I only bought an SLT.

http://www.jeffbelzer.com/2013-RAM-1...MN/vd/12624366

Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by oldjeep

This is an example of what you can get without even trying to bargain with them. They are at 8K off sticker without even starting to negotiate. Mine was around 11K off sticker when I bought it and I only bought an SLT.

That would be a great truck to have, as long as it was in Flame Red and had a body color matched grille and bumpers.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:33 AM
LU229
Banned

Oldjeep,
really...??? attitude...??? give me a break, thats just retarded to even think that. If thats the case, then i guess every single person around here where i live, must ALL have the same friggin attitude then, because THEY arent getting that kind of money off their truck deals either.

Around here where i live, you would NEVER in a trillion years EVER get that much off from these 2013 trucks, UNLESS, its been sitting on the lots here for a year or more, and THEN, they would NEVER reduce the price THAT much. ($8,000 to $11,000 off) One of the biggest reasons that ther are NO deals here, ther`s NO competition. And another thing, if you have a trade, they will ONLY work off from the FULL RETAIL price and not a fuggin dime lower here when a trade is involved. The ONLY way you can get any kind of a deal for your trade here, is to beat them up on the trade price they offer you. Any givin time i`ve ever tried to deal with the dealerships, they only offer you the factory incentives off from the window stickers and thats it... around here it dosent matter what brand name is on the grill, or even who you are, thats just the way that it is. So for those of you that are getting the dealers to give you the trucks dirt cheap... god bless ya`ll. Sure wish it was like that around here.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Nate769
All Star

I hate to beat up on ya...but my new loaded laramie 3500 cost me 53 grand CANADIAN with taxes and freight. Take into account my trade, well then it was lower. BUT I do get better deals then most can get, and its a forced deal. (dealers hate it! ha) I can go online to a website and already determine how much a dealer can go down in price before he starts loosing money. I just looked on that website and at the moment that price is around 4500 Canadian on a fully loaded 2013 laramie longhorn. This is what they would call a "preferred pricing" and its basically the farthest point in which a dealer would have to go to make a fair profit. Now of course they are not going to hand it over to you, your gonna have to fight for it. LU I am not saying that your not fighting, but every dealer has that wiggle room on a truck. In your area you just might have stuck up dealers. Might be time to start looking elsewhere or let those dealers know they are going to loose a customer if they don't start being nice.

Its all a gimmic IMO, just like sometimes you will walk into a store and see that something is on sale. But in fact they put the sticker in the identical place as the old one, and sometimes you might find out that it was actually around the same price. It happens, how do you think black fridays work? Everyone is such in a rush to look at sale prices, they don't usually think what the cost of the item actually is!

I question the whole idea about a "free" cummins upgrade when you get into the HDs. They can't offer free motors forever, makes me think somedays its all a gimmic to get me into a diesel. If it is, well I guess I fell for it...

Back to the OP, its sad to see you get out of truck and into that junk. I hope at least it will be enjoyable for you. It won't be no Ram, but keep us informed of the problems you will run into ...I know I am not on the ford forums...ha

Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by Nate769
I hate to beat up on ya...but my new loaded laramie 3500 cost me 53 grand CANADIAN with taxes and freight. Take into account my trade, well then it was lower. BUT I do get better deals then most can get, and its a forced deal. (dealers hate it! ha) I can go online to a website and already determine how much a dealer can go down in price before he starts loosing money. I just looked on that website and at the moment that price is around 4500 Canadian on a fully loaded 2013 laramie longhorn. This is what they would call a "preferred pricing" and its basically the farthest point in which a dealer would have to go to make a fair profit. Now of course they are not going to hand it over to you, your gonna have to fight for it. LU I am not saying that your not fighting, but every dealer has that wiggle room on a truck. In your area you just might have stuck up dealers. Might be time to start looking elsewhere or let those dealers know they are going to loose a customer if they don't start being nice.

Its all a gimmic IMO, just like sometimes you will walk into a store and see that something is on sale. But in fact they put the sticker in the identical place as the old one, and sometimes you might find out that it was actually around the same price. It happens, how do you think black fridays work? Everyone is such in a rush to look at sale prices, they don't usually think what the cost of the item actually is!

I question the whole idea about a "free" cummins upgrade when you get into the HDs. They can't offer free motors forever, makes me think somedays its all a gimmic to get me into a diesel. If it is, well I guess I fell for it...

Back to the OP, its sad to see you get out of truck and into that junk. I hope at least it will be enjoyable for you. It won't be no Ram, but keep us informed of the problems you will run into ...I know I am not on the ford forums...ha
Nate,
these very few dealers around here ARE real azzholes to deal with, its not just me, its ANYONE who try`s to buy at a lower price around here. You start to haggle with the price with them, they just walk away laughing at you. (so who really has the attitude oldjeep...???) They KNOWWWWW ther are no other dealers to compete with, thats why they get away with charging full retail/sticker to us around here. I would have to say, IF, and i say thats a BIG IF, if i were to be buying another chrysler product, i believe i would go out of state to price one out to buy, especially at some of the deals i see some of you guys getting them for compared to what we all pay around here for one. But i`m definately NOT lookin into buying another chrysler product again. But still, in any case, i`ll be lookin at other brands far from where i live when i do get ready for a new one again... sorry but it just wont be a dodge... chrysler already made THAT decision for me, for the horrible dealership service they have.

And you paying $53,000, dont sound like that good of deal to me, but as long as you`re happy paying that much, its all good bro

Last edited by LU229; 03-06-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:12 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Oldjeep,
really...??? attitude...??? give me a break, thats just retarded to even think that.

Just a joke, given your sunny disposition on the forum. Lighten up Francis

Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
jawsdc
Veteran

And you paying $53,000, dont sound like that good of deal to me, but as long as you`re happy paying that much, its all good bro
That's Canadian Lu, so about $14 u.s.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by jawsdc
That's Canadian Lu, so about $14 u.s.
Not any more - 1 Canadian Dollar equals 0.97 US Dollar

Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
LU229
Banned

Just a joke, given your sunny disposition on the forum. Lighten up Francis
yeah yeah, joke, yeah i got that.... it just seemed a little brash to me though.
See what happens when you get old & cranky..?!?!?!... sunny disposition disappears...lol

Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
LU229
Banned

Not any more - 1 Canadian Dollar equals 0.97 US Dollar
You sure bout that OJ...????
Seems like the canadian dollar is more like = $2.00 US (feels like it anyway)

Ok, that was a joke ya`ll, so dont pouce on me now, K...???...lol
Just tryin to brighten up the sunny disposition for OJ.

Quick Reply: traded my dodge for a ford