4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Windows with key fob?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windows with key fob?

So I have been doing lots of research into this windows with the key fob. For those of you who don't know what it is, if you were to hit the unlock twice and hold it you could roll your windows down with your fob. It seems as if in the new 2012s they have removed that feature.

This is a call out to you dodge techs out there, specifically dodge cares, OR anyone else who knows this. But is it possible to have that option flashed back in? I had it in my old 2011, and now that its getting warm again I MISS that option!!! It was so nice to come out of a restaurant or something and you're standing and chatting with whoever you went with. Instead of starting the truck you could just open the windows and let most of the hot air out.

I don't suspect that mechanically anything would be different between the new models and the old ones...Would it just be a simple flash to get that back?

The following users liked this post:
Holyhell (05-10-2020)
Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I took mine in when I bought it thinking it was broke. They flashed the computer a few times before they even knew.

The reason they removed was to many coming in and reporting "my windows rolled down by themselves". Personally they should have just added it as an EVIC option with the default of off, then smart owners could just enabled.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:24 AM
Atomic Dog
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyOhio
I took mine in when I bought it thinking it was broke. They flashed the computer a few times before they even knew.

The reason they removed was to many coming in and reporting "my windows rolled down by themselves". Personally they should have just added it as an EVIC option with the default of off, then smart owners could just enabled.
This. But at this point I doubt it will ever happen.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:35 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

While I can appreciate the fact that many would like to have this option it really became just to much of a nightmare to continue. There were so many calls and service visits for this issue it simply could no longer be justified. Most people didn't even know they had this functionality. Even some people who knew how it worked claimed windows were rolling down without pressing the needed buttons to perform the function. People would put keys in their pockets or purses and they would press up against something just right and their windows would be down in the rain, all night, in bad locations, etc.

Telling customers there is nothing wrong with their vehicles after this happens goes over like a lead balloon. With the new radio units coming out that will have remote starting options from smart phones perhaps in the future they will allow the feature to be activated through your phone, but for the time being I am afraid it is a no go. Sorry.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Atomic Dog
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See. I was right. Another instance of dunce users not understanding a feature so it gets eliminated.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Nate769
All Star

I was afraid of this...Yet another good thing ruined because of the lack of knowledge of some people...

Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by Atomic Dog
See. I was right. Another instance of dunce users not understanding a feature so it gets eliminated.
Its all due to the fact that goverments are dumbing down society so fast, the rest of us smarter people lose out. Though i DO have the roll down option on my truck, i never use it. When its hot out, i just remote start the truck with the A/C and cooled seats on.

Quick Reply: Windows with key fob?