4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dumb Question/Not sure where to ask it.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:29 PM
CHRGD
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb Question/Not sure where to ask it.

I was wondering what these stripes/slashes mean. Are they just for Dodge cars? Would they look stupid on a truck? Of course my pic didn't work, but it's the 2 stripes at the end of the Dodge name? Hope you know what I mean.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 AM
JCinDE
Professional

It's just the new logo for the Dodge brand after Ram split away as a separate entity. Ram got the ram's head emblem. Dodge needed a new logo so they got stripes.

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/auto-n...ew-logo-12399/

Stripes can always look good on a truck, but the Dodge stripe logo wouldn't really make sense considering the Dodge brand had stopped appearing on trucks when they adopted the logo.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:46 PM
War Horse
All Star

There use to be a guy on here that added the Dodge stripes to his truck. It actually looked pretty good.

JC is right in that technically it doesn't make sense, since a 2011 or newer truck really isn't a Dodge. I think 2012 was the first year RAM actually had it's own VIN sequence. Anyway, people add all kinds of stripe packages to everything under the sun. If you're itching to do it and it looks good to you, then that's all that matters in the end.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Interestingly the Challenger did not get them. I thought it looked much better when the Ram head was taken off the car, glad they did not add this back on.

Makes you wonder, is it the only Dodge car without the badge or the word Dodge on it somewhere?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 PM
War Horse
All Star

I agree with you CarGuy, the Challenger looks much cleaner without the RAM head on the hood.

I thought the Challenger had Dodge written on the tail lights, at least lightly, kinda like it was etched into the plastic. Maybe that's the older years. I have to admit it's been awhile since I really inspected one. It should also have the funky Dodge cross hairs logo in the middle of the steering wheel. I think.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 PM
CHRGD
Professional

Thanks for the replies. It's a 2013 Black Short bed 4X4 it needs something to break up the black. I debadged it, but left the hemi badge cause it had a little red in it. I sprayed the calipers red, again to break up some black. I thought 2 red stripes just over the front wheels, maybe just back a inch or two from center wheel would help. I was going to find a way to paint/stain the white letters on the tires, but thought that might be a bit much. I'd love to lose the rams heads logo/badge on the tail gate and grille, but they sit in a recess, so even if I take them off, you would still see where they were. I might Plasti-dip them, not sure yet. Thanks again.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:42 PM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHRGD
Thanks for the replies. It's a 2013 Black Short bed 4X4 it needs something to break up the black. I debadged it, but left the hemi badge cause it had a little red in it. I sprayed the calipers red, again to break up some black. I thought 2 red stripes just over the front wheels, maybe just back a inch or two from center wheel would help. I was going to find a way to paint/stain the white letters on the tires, but thought that might be a bit much. I'd love to lose the rams heads logo/badge on the tail gate and grille, but they sit in a recess, so even if I take them off, you would still see where they were. I might Plasti-dip them, not sure yet. Thanks again.
Plasti-dip those ram heads, you`ll be glad you did. My sport is black as well, the blacked out ram heads look MUCH MUCH better black.

Nice thing about plasti-dip on the badges, if you dont like the black out look, just peel it right back off the badges.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:08 AM
garner100
Amateur

Are you talking about the ones on the fenders? If so they originated way back in like the 60s(probably even earlier) in racing to differentiate which car of the same team was which

Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 AM
JCinDE
Professional

Looks like most of the Dodge models do have the Dodge stripe logo on the grille. Just browsing the Dodge website you can clearly see it on everything but the Challenger.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw a black qc with two short, angled red stripes from the hood to the fender. Looked alright & certainly made you look at it.

He had some other wacky decals on it though, a large dog and a tiger, both on the tailgate. Also plate was LA TIGRE (the tiger).

Quick Reply: Dumb Question/Not sure where to ask it.