4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Do I buy Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:16 AM
jp3hemi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I buy Warranty?

My 2012 Ram 1500 has reached 30000K so what do i do BUY the warranty that they sent me in the mail?

or do i pass on it? what do you guys all do? The warranty will cover me til 1000000K miles?

Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Moving you to the correct section.

For future reference:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...ead-first.html

Old 12-07-2013, 02:43 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

If its one of those aftermarket company warranty cards you got in the mail, the ones that say "Danger, your warranty is about to (or is) expired! Call this number now!", from like "USA Auto Warranty" or some other company, DO NOT waste your money. Scam. If you are dead set on an extended warranty, go to the dealer and see if you can buy an actual Chrysler extended warranty. Google the name of the company offering you an extended warranty first. Read the bad reviews.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:43 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends - had any problems? Mine has 92K on it and I do have the lifetime powertrain (which I haven't had to use), but so far any additional warranty would have been wasted money. All comes down to your appetite for risk - gambling the warranty price against repairs that you might have later.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:44 PM
oldjeep
Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
If its one of those aftermarket company warranty cards you got in the mail, the ones that say "Danger, your warranty is about to (or is) expired! Call this number now!", from like "USA Auto Warranty" or some other company, DO NOT waste your money. Scam. If you are dead set on an extended warranty, go to the dealer and see if you can buy an actual Chrysler extended warranty. Google the name of the company offering you an extended warranty first. Read the bad reviews.

Good point, I forgot about all those silly things I get in the mail (and phone calls)

Old 12-08-2013, 12:30 AM
LU229
Banned

Dont buy it from the dealership...!!! They`re makin money on it. Instead, go directly to chrysler and buy it. Most of the time, you can get it for 60% off.

Here`s the link for it (i got mine for 1/2 price)
http://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.co...FYQ7OgodnCYAeQ
http://www.chrysler-warranty-online....e-ram-warranty

Last edited by LU229; 12-08-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:15 AM
jp3hemi
Amateur

Ok thanks to all, i thought a 100k warranty came with the truck? i have to call or email and find out what i have i guess...

Old 12-10-2013, 07:35 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Be advised the aftermarket warranties will OFTEN send out an inspector when over a certain amount. I've seen many, many people get shot down. Often times unfairly.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:48 AM
jp3hemi
Amateur

My thing i got is from RAM i do not know if its samething as Crystler i will have to make some calls soon... I have that screen and Hard drive in my truck its got the Bass speaker in the back, so maybe i need to buy something , i hope the main things last a long time i do pull a boat in summer, but the boat is maybe 2000bls. that isn't gonna hurt anything.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:10 PM
MattsMountain
Professional

In the past, I'd never purchased much of an extended warranty. My 09 Ram came with the lifetime powertrain and motor warranty ... and I did add the lifetime extended warranty. I've had to use it 3 times now - it hasn't paid for itself yet, but it's getting close. I have 99K on her and don't plan on shutting this one down for a damn long time, so for me, it was worth the upfront cost. Something to consider if you're planning on driving her for a good long time.

Quick Reply: Do I buy Warranty?