4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

added EVIC gauge cluster and steering wheel to my 2011 ST Ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 PM
PostalTwo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok not a dodge mechanic but i am a licenced heavyduty mechanic. and what i can tell u is that on can bus wires for u i belive u said lin bus (should be the same thing just different terminology) there will be three wire a high a low and a shield. the shield wire is not connected to ground its only prupose is to help block magnetic fields created when current is flowing thru wires.i could be wrong maybe the ground in this case is really a ground but i doubt it gl i would also recheck that u have the wires for the high low connect proper because if u dont it will really mess with the system. if u have a scanner hook up i bet it doesent communicate if u have the high and low wires mismatched

Old 02-07-2014, 10:11 AM
ZIPPO973
Amateur

I think I will try swapping the EVIC Cluster and see if that's what it is.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:35 AM
bskl76

Originally Posted by ZIPPO973
More good news, now it seems my truck won’t start at all, it acts like it is not in PARK no click no nothing. Tried it in Neutral but get the same thing no click nothing. I tried tying in to lin bus in a different location but still didn’t work so I rewired it to the previous version, not back to original. I got lucky there also, the wire that goes into the plug I spliced into the lin bus on the EVIC broke and I had to go back in and solder it back together. That is when this latest perk showed up. everything works radio, windows door locks not the remote start though. Even swapped my old dash in and still nothing. Took the airbag off the steering wheel to check the connections there and they were good. I wonder if the truck will start with the airbag unplugged? Battery is fully charged and all the fuses so that’s not it. Keeps getting better and better. Any ideas? Paul
Fyi my 2012 express started with no airbag

Quick Reply: added EVIC gauge cluster and steering wheel to my 2011 ST Ram