4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Looking to Buy 2014 tomorrow good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 PM
DonniePalmer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to Buy 2014 tomorrow good deal?

Hey all, I am looking at a 2014 Ram and was wondering how this deal stacked up. Heres the nitty gritty listed below.

2014 Ram Express Crew Cab
Hemi w/3.55 ratio
6 spd auto
4x4
Black with Chrome Clad 20s
Hitch
Power/Convienience package (sirrius, keyless, etc)

List: $39,985
Dealer Invoice: 36,995
Chrysler EMP Price (35,130) Get the discount from my family mopar employee
less $2000 lease cash

Sits me right at $33,130.....

What I have set up right now is I am leasing the truck for nothing down, for 3 years with a payment of 320 per month. After the 3 years residual value on the truck to buyout is 22,600. Cap reduction on the lease is 2,267.15 if that means anything. I did some research and 3 year old RAMS similarly equiped are having a trade in value of 24,000. All in all it seems like a solid deal. Anyone with any advice on this purchase? I am looking to close the deal tomorrow.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, you know its a good price....
I leased my truck and then purchased it after the 27mo lease ended. Was my plan from the start and I did it because it saved me 2G's in finance charges even after I paid the $700 in Lease fees.
Lease interest rate was something like 0.01% and I bought my truck at a low 4% rate.
If I had bought the truck rather than leased, I would have had a 6.25% rate.

The reason your 1400 below average trade in is because you got the EMP pricing.

So, the Multi-speed Auto is called a 6spd now? It actually only uses 5speeds in any one direction. just FYI. why? because there are two 2nd gears. Mainly for downshifting, but is used on upshifts sometimes.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I leased my truck and then purchased it after the 27mo lease ended. Was my plan from the start and I did it because it saved me 2G's in finance charges even after I paid the $700 in Lease fees.
Lease interest rate was something like 0.01% and I bought my truck at a low 4% rate.

So, the Multi-speed Auto is called a 6spd now? It actually only uses 5speeds in any one direction. just FYI. why? because there are two 2nd gears. Mainly for downshifting, but is used on upshifts sometimes.
Lease to buy works if you don't drive a whole lot.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:02 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

I actually preferred the auto 5 speed setup in my '09 Sport, verses my '13 Sport currenty. Both had the same gear ratio, but the '09 was "FAR" more responsive!

Old 01-30-2014, 07:14 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Prismatic
Lease to buy works if you don't drive a whole lot.
Why would mileage even be a factor in this scenario? 10kmi or 100kmi makes no difference if your buying it in the end. If you bought it to begin with, you'd be in the same situation.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would mileage even be a factor in this scenario? 10kmi or 100kmi makes no difference if your buying it in the end. If you bought it to begin with, you'd be in the same situation.
No, if you have a ton of miles on it then they will know they are in a stronger place and not negotiate a good deal. They know you will pay more for it to avoid the mileage penalty.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:59 PM
DonniePalmer
Default 2004 upgrade to 2014 completed today

o i pulled the trigger on a 2014 today. I bought a 2004 last year and I didn't research a few things properly and some pretty expensive things started popping up. I had a previous rust repair over wheel wells that I somehow missed in my inspection of the vehicle that turned bad quickly with a few months of driving. Had springs start clunking from worn out bushings, and a dreaded rear end moan and clunk in reverse. I figured with the rust repair costing me nearly 1400 to get right on both sides, a potentially failing rear end, and the other suspension issues it was best to try to dump it because I would never get the money put in back out! Well local dealer made it to hard to pass on a 2014 with the offer they gave me on my truck and with the incentives and I get employee pricing it was a done deal in no time. Pics below!

2014 Black Express 4x4
Hemi w/6spd
Chrome Clad 20's
UConnect 5 inch
Basic Power Options

[/URL]

[/URL]

Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Nice truck man. old rides cost a fortune. They say you never get your money out of a new vehicle, but you do. The fact you dont have to pay for repairs every other month is what saves you money!
You never said before you had a trade in. I guess trading a problematic vehicle like that in is a safe bet. You'd never want to sell something like that privately.

Originally Posted by Wash Man
No, if you have a ton of miles on it then they will know they are in a stronger place and not negotiate a good deal. They know you will pay more for it to avoid the mileage penalty.
You have a contract that has an EXACT buy out price. It doesn't matter what your mileage is. It's guaranteed! Low mileage, high mileage, it doesn't matter. The chances of your vehicle being worth less than what your buyout is minimal, so that means your chance to negotiate a lower buyout is few and far between. What they cannot do is charge you more than the buyout. Ever. After all, it's a contract that both parties signed!

Last edited by dirtydog; 01-31-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: combined posts because thread was combined
Old 02-02-2014, 02:43 PM
DonniePalmer

Yea I did have a trade. It was a loaded Laramie 04 quad cab with 125000 miles. Nada trade was around 9200-10000. Given mine had rust I figured I wouldn't get out alive from a trade but they gave me 10300 for mine. I was able to pay off what I owed. Nothing got rolled in or put down towards this deal.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:08 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Good deal! Especially since you got the Employee discount

Quick Reply: Looking to Buy 2014 tomorrow good deal?