4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bug defelector?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 08:10 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bug defelector?

I tried a search and came up with nothing. If a thread already exists and someone has a link ill just delete this.

Looking for a bug deflector for my 11'. The truck is black with a chrome grill so i guess chrome or the smoke (black) would work. The big issue is not so much what color to get but what brand and model?. Their are literally over a dozen different models to choose from. Anybody have any first hand experience with them? I would prefer one that installs with little to no drilling and most importantly does not require you to remove the grill to install or sandwich between the grill and hood. I had a version like that on my 01.5' Ram and it ended up causing a rust issue where it wore the paint off.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-08-2014, 09:59 AM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to your dealer and get a oem MoPar deflector holes are pre drilled for the hood no muse or fuss, I have the chrome one since 09 my bud bought aftermarket and has replaced them twice ,you get what you pay for , mine was made in Australia.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:07 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want one with decent coverage then try something like this. I don't think it is the same brand I have, but I like this style better than the Mopar that only covers the area of the hood over the grill
http://www.carid.com/2009-dodge-ram-...FckWMgodbX8A6g

Quick Reply: Bug defelector?