4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

So..... How long a wait do you think I'm looking at?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 12:31 AM
92GreenYJ
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool So..... How long a wait do you think I'm looking at?

So, recently came into some money. Wife is pregnant with our first. My 98 1500 quad cab is getting long in the tooth, has seen better days, and needs to be upgraded for the new family addition soon to arrive.

Never owned or bought a new vehicle. Decided it was high time, especially as I can afford to pay in cash. Got on rams website and built the truck of my dreams. Big Horn 1500 crew cab short bed, ram box, Hemi, 8.4 unconnect with nav, 4x4, luxury group, protection group, remote start and security group, spray in bed liner, etc, etc, etc.

Went over to the local dealership with a print out of my build sheet in hand fully aware they would not have what I want on the lot. Told the sales guy that the minute he walked up to me and he said sure, we can order it for you. Finds a Ram similar to what I want for a test drive, I love it. We go in and the manager comes over, says the truck I want doesn't exist. I said I know, that's why I built it that way on the website. Naturally he wants to sell me a truck off the lot. After an hour of looking at all of them and seeing nothing close they finally agree to order my RAM.

So, order was placed with Ram yesterday, 6/25. They couldn't give me any kind of an eta on delivery. So who all has done a custom order from Ram and how long did it take from order date to delivery? I want my new Ram!

Old 07-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe there is a web site to truck your order through chrysler.

Quick Reply: So..... How long a wait do you think I'm looking at?