4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Rear end replacement concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Tunaman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since when would you sign an agreement with someone else's insurance????

Old 10-11-2014, 09:19 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tunaman
Thanks Duso and Pedro, I will contact my attorney on Mon. Everything you say seems right on to me.
Hammer, thanks for the help but no offense but yo just don't seem to get what I'm saying. I have signed NOTHING. This accident was the fault of the other perty, 100% as verified by f the FPL! It's the other parties insurance company at fault. Am I blind, no, my insurance had nothing to do with it except if I go thru them I pay the $500 deductable and wait who knows how long to be reimbursed???

My bad, with my insurance company, I call them if I have any problems, they take care of my repairs and then they go after the other party and/or their insurance to recoup. I only pay my deductable if the other party has no insurance (unless of course, the accident is my fault). I never have to deal with the other party's insurance - it's what I'm paying my company for...

Old 10-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Tunaman
Veteran

Originally Posted by Duso02
As for the insurance, that's common, used or rebuilt is acceptable as long as it meets or exceeds what was in there. I take it you are not dealing with your insurance company, your dealing with the other parties?

As for the warranty, I find it hard to believe that Ram will not warranty the new part. Let's say the day you bought the truck on the way home the engine exploded. They warranty it and install a re-manufactured engine. Does that mean the engine is no longer warrantied? Or is this all about the fact that the part is considered "used" and not "re-built"?
Problem the used rear end does not "meet or excede" what was in there. Simply because Chrysley will not warranty a used rear end, or rebuilt, I can't blame them, they didn't rebuild it. So its the same year, similar mileage, how does anyone know if its been used to pull 10,000lbs every day, has it been run low on grease? I mean lots of people on this very forum have had front seal problems, is this one of them?
Far as blowing the engine on way home from dealership, CHRYSLER makes the repairs themselves, of coarse the warranty still applies. But a USED salvage rear end? They'd be crazy to.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Tunaman
Veteran

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
My bad, with my insurance company, I call them if I have any problems, they take care of my repairs and then they go after the other party and/or their insurance to recoup. I only pay my deductable if the other party has no insurance (unless of course, the accident is my fault). I never have to deal with the other party's insurance - it's what I'm paying my company for...
you don't pay the deductable because your insurance company was re-imbursed before you had to pay them. Plus, my mistake but I did not have rental car on my insurance so I would have to pay nthe rental and wait who knows how long to be re-imbursed. Why should they hurry/ (the other peoples insurance)
It's been 5 working days since accident, still no rental truck released. Good news is I'm being re-imbursed $300 a day lost wages until they release me a truck. At that rate it's a pretty darn good vacation. All I want is the truck back with same warranty it had before the wreck. Appreciate all the help.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting statement on page 18 of your warranty card concerning warranty exclusions.

"Your warranties don’t cover the costs of repairing
damage or conditions caused by any of the following:
use of used parts, even if they were originally
supplied by Chrysler (however, authorized
Chrysler / MOPAR remanufactured parts
are covered.)"

Can you demand it be repaired by the dealer using a rebuilt diff? If they balk, maybe threaten legal action as it voids your warranty?

Chrysler themselves also state that they can use rebuilt or repaired components in warranty work. You have no right to a "new" part.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

B. What’s Covered
The Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the
cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a
powertrain component listed in section 2.4.E
below that is defective in workmanship and
materials.

The damaged axle does not meet this criteria. It was damaged during an accident that absolves Chrysler from future repairs. If the axle had failed and found to be defective in workmanship and materials before the warranty was over then the warranty remains in effect. It's on someone else's nickel after the accident - stuff happens.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Tunaman
Veteran

Interesting statement on page 18 of your warranty card concerning warranty exclusions.

"Your warranties don’t cover the costs of repairing
damage or conditions caused by any of the following:
use of used parts, even if they were originally
supplied by Chrysler (however, authorized
Chrysler / MOPAR remanufactured parts
are covered.)"

Can you demand it be repaired by the dealer using a rebuilt diff? If they balk, maybe threaten legal action as it voids your warranty?

Chrysler themselves also state that they can use rebuilt or repaired components in warranty work. You have no right to a "new" part.
from the Chrysler warranty. Page 16. I missed part of the copy but this was reason to deny warranty coverage.

" use of used parts, even if they were originally supplied by Chrysler (however, authorized Chrysler / MOPAR remanufactured parts are covered);
so yes a used rearend voids the warranty. It has to be either new or Chrysler remanufactured, period. Thanks everyone for the help.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, that's my point; you're screwed if they install a used one but if you can get them to use a rebuilt one, the warranty will stay intact. Worth a try.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Tunaman
Veteran

Yep, that's my point; you're screwed if they install a used one but if you can get them to use a rebuilt one, the warranty will stay intact. Worth a try.
Yes you're correct. Here's the thing, in some states they MUST install a new one. In Florida the betterment law says they do not have to leave me better than before the accident. So the Ins. co's contention is a new rear leaves me better than prior to the accident. Therefore with 40,000 miles they say i must pay 40%. or $1600 for new. I told them i would NOT be left the same with used because I would lose my warranty, therefore I would let my attorney handle it. Next day Ins. said they would only charge me 20% or $800 to replace with new. I decided seeing how they rented me a new truck for length of me of repairs and lost wages at $300 a day for the 6 days without a vehicle that I felt they were meeting me 1/2 way. So, I'll spend $800, have a new rear and maintain my warranty. Seems fair, especially as an attorney would probably cost more than $1600. But man you have to go thru hell, I was totally engulfed in the BS for a week.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you confirmed with chrysler that the warranty will stay intact with the new rear end?

Quick Reply: Rear end replacement concerns.