4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

GPS updates How to?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 10:00 AM
jp3hemi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS updates How to?

I was wondering if anyone has updated the GPS maps in their trucks , and how to do it , i keep getting a message saying that it needs updated but it doesnt seem to do it?

Old 10-17-2014, 02:12 AM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They expect you to pay for an update, you'd get a DVD and upload it to the truck.

Unless your traveling to unknown places frequently it might not be worth it.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:02 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The update discs have a two or three digit code that shows what year the update is. Your dealer can tell you what the latest version is. Ebay is a great place to find them at reasonable prices. I had the factory nav in my 06' and bought a burned copy of the latest version that was "hacked" to eliminate the annoying pause when you're driving where it wont let you enter any info. I wish i had saved the guys name. I have since went with a Garmin unit on my my new truck so updates are done via USB cable for the website.

As has been mentioned above, if your current disc is only one version behind i wouldn't bother changing it yet. Wait till they have at least another update.

Quick Reply: GPS updates How to?