4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Found ideal mudflaps to work with oem step rail and fender flairs on new Ram

Old 11-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Found ideal mudflaps to work with oem step rail and fender flairs on new Ram

As a long time Ram owner I know the value of a good set of mud/splash guards for a truck. It saves the sides of the truck from chips from cinders and salt as well as keeping it clean when the roads are wet. The new Ram 2013 and up has had issues in finding mud flaps that will work with the oem step rails and the oem fender flares that are on so many of the new trucks. The search is over: WeatherTech makes a set of custom mudflaps "no drill" that fit perfectly and is truly custom molded to fit every curve of your fender wells. They also fit with the OEM step rails and give plenty of room. Installation is a simple bolt on using the factory 2 bolts in each fender well. I am very picky and these mudflaps disappear on the trucks while offering great protection. I would say they are a notch better than the OEM splash guards I had on my previous Ram. I highly recommend the Weathertech.

Check them out at Weathertech.com
http://www.weathertech.com/dodge/201...lly-yes-no/no/

Name:  Mudflaps1net.jpg
Views: 2501
Size:  117.3 KB

Name:  Mudflap2net.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  156.1 KB

The mudflaps dont clash with the lines of the truck and pretty much disappear.
Name:  Ramsidenet.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  149.5 KB

Old 11-05-2014, 01:35 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

They look easy. Did you get some floor mats too ?

Old 11-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Mystro
Captain

Not this time. I had the floor liners in my last truck and they fit perfectly but there were some down sides to them. My main issue was that when you tracked snow into the truck with the floor liners, the snow would melt and lay below where your feet were resting during the drive. Your feet then sat in dirty cinder water, gravel and dirt. There was no drain system for the water to allow the dirt to collect below your boots. You have to clean them all the time or your essentially tracking dirt from your liners on your shoes every time you drive your truck.
I went with the OEM Mopar Ram slush mats this time. I have used mats like these before in my wife's Jeep and they allow snow and water to rest below where your feet sit so your shoes are not resting in dirty water.

Originally Posted by TNtech
They look easy. Did you get some floor mats too ?

Old 11-08-2014, 02:02 AM
NV290
All Star

I have the Weathertech Mudflaps on my 11' and had them on my 06' as well. As nice as they look, make sure to take them off and clean and wax the area under them any time you are waxing the rest of your truck. And time you wash your truck push them in towards the wheel and blast the opening with a jet of water to flush out any dirt. Dirt gets trapped behind them and will wear the paint right off and the area will rust quickly.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Mystro
Captain

Good tip. I put some clear bra film between the mud flaps and fender flares. After I did it, I questioned the reasoning because the fender flares are composite on the new trucks. I guess it will save the paint.

Originally Posted by NV290
I have the Weathertech Mudflaps on my 11' and had them on my 06' as well. As nice as they look, make sure to take them off and clean and wax the area under them any time you are waxing the rest of your truck. And time you wash your truck push them in towards the wheel and blast the opening with a jet of water to flush out any dirt. Dirt gets trapped behind them and will wear the paint right off and the area will rust quickly.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:52 PM
powerstroke99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking. Checked with WeatherTech for my '16 w/ step rails and flares. They reported that the molded splash guards won't fit front. Is this right? I only have about 3/4" clearance between the fender well and the front edge of the step rail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Found ideal mudflaps to work with oem step rail and fender flairs on new Ram