4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Help me make my RAM louder!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 11:12 PM
00bigmattyc00
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me make my RAM louder!

Looking too beef up the resonance on my Ram. Any suggestions/experiences/ideas

Old 12-30-2014, 11:13 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

High flow cats, ditch the resonators, magnaflow muffler. Dump after the rear axle. Bam.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:14 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you have a Programmer or want to keep your truck in TOW/HAUL to disable MDS i would advise you be careful in what you choose to make your truck sound "better". MDS does help with fuel economy if you drive with a normal foot on the pedal. So disabling it and in turn lowering your MPG is not exactly a great idea unless you like throwing money away. If you want your truck a bit louder go with a cat back exhaust but just be ready for the "underwater helicopter" sound coming from your truck when MDS kicks in. I left a resonator pre muffler in my 06' to cut back on the incredibly annoying drone it causes. I also ran the pipes out before the rear axle which makes it even louder. If you simply want to make it a little louder just throw a turbo muffler in the factory system.

I would also advise against replacing the factory cats with high flow cats if you like your emission system warranty. And keep in mind on a stock engine high flow cats will do absolutely nothing to increase performance. They will simply make your truck more loud.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:55 PM
rdculus
Veteran

Not sure what part you want to make louder, increasing exhaust noise typically just attracts unwanted attention from police and annoys other motorist and pedestrians.
If that's what your looking for go ahead with the exhaust mods.
If you just want something that you can hear to increase engine noise, a cold air intake with an exposed filter (not the enclosed box type) typically increases engine noise in the cab that you might enjoy while accelerating and at wot.
I don't wouldnt promote cai systems for increasing hp, but they do sound neat.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:19 AM
cjs082006

hottexhaust.com has direct fit cat backs with magnaflow mufflers in 14" or 18" for less than $300. simply bolts up to existing pipes (most recommend buying an extra hanger or two)...should be a few older strings about it on here. I was given a code that should still work (MARKTURNER). I haven't ordered mine yet, but probably going with it.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Arctodus
Captain

Agreed on the high flow cats, the ones that come with your Ram are already of high flow quality so don't waste your money. My 06 I cut off the exhaust and resonators, installed a Wicked Flow muffler which are hand tig welded, stainless steel and great quality and had the shop custom bend dual pipes to exit before the rear tire. VERY LOUD and sounded awesome. My 14 that I just got, I left the rear resonators and installed another Wicked Flow and it also sounds great, not as loud but still very good.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:36 AM
duke07
Professional

Consider the Cherrybomb or Flowmaster if you really want a loud exhaust.

Quick Reply: Help me make my RAM louder!