4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Upgrade to LED foglight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:15 PM
10RamSB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aktrite28
where? how much? how do they compare to stocks or hid?
I just get these from a local guy who sells led kits, tried a few different kits and all I have had amazing luck with and all are as bright or brighter than HID. Would recommend to anyone looking to upgrade from halogen or hid. Up further in the thread I think I sent his email.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:35 PM
aktrite28
Professional
Default questions

How much per set? Do they use ballast?

Old 04-06-2015, 07:40 AM
Whiteout08
Professional

Before any changes are made to the front lighting of a vehicle, check the laws of the state you live in. Typically, putting anything but a halogen bulb into a halogen housing is illegal and very dangerous to other drivers.

If these LED's truly are brighter than HID bulbs (find it hard to believe), I can almost positively say they are illegal....safety first!!

Old 04-06-2015, 08:47 AM
10RamSB

Originally Posted by Whiteout08
Before any changes are made to the front lighting of a vehicle, check the laws of the state you live in. Typically, putting anything but a halogen bulb into a halogen housing is illegal and very dangerous to other drivers.

If these LED's truly are brighter than HID bulbs (find it hard to believe), I can almost positively say they are illegal....safety first!!
Been waiting for one of these replies. Have had hids so I can say yea they are brighter. Also they are for the fog lights and used for country driving. They make country driving safer so yes safety first

Old 04-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Whiteout08
Professional

No sweat, just a general statement to chew on...some people don't exactly use common sense when it comes to lighting upgrades and drive around blinding people all night. Glad to hear you've got it under proper use.

Your laws in Ontario may be completely different than in the states as well.

Quick Reply: Upgrade to LED foglight bulbs