4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Winter tires for ram 4x4 1500

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Rinkerdude
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Winter tires for ram 4x4 1500

I have a 2013 4x4 on a 3" lift kit. Have had Cooper M&S tires with studs on it and it has been the worst 2 winters that I've had driving my truck. They are done and a change is needed. I live in NB, Canada, not such good winters, lots of snow, slush and ice. Any advice on which tires would be best, or is it my lift kit that is my problem when it comes to the winters and just sliding around. I have absolutely no grip whatsoever it feels like when driving in the snow and slush.
Any info would be appreciated as new tires need to be ordered soon.

Last edited by Rinkerdude; 08-17-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:04 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are looking for an A/T, I love the Hankook Dynapro ATm tires. Have had them on a 2006 Durango, currently on my wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee, and will be going on my 2014 Ram in October. They handle the snow here in the midwest U.S. fantastically. The cheap factory Goodyear Wrangler tires on the Durango and Jeep were terrible in the snow. Parked the Jeep in a two-three foot drift once of soft packed snow, and even with snow mode and its Hemi roaring, barely got out.

With the Hankook Dynapro ATm tires, its almost as if the snow drifts don't exist. There are many Cooper fans around, but from the videos I've seen, the Hankooks run circles (literally) around the Cooper A/T tires in the snow. MPG was barely affected as well, which was a pleasant surprise.

If you want something more aggressive, the Goodyear Duratrac has mostly positive reviews on handling in the snow.

Quick Reply: Winter tires for ram 4x4 1500