4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Heating issues and factory sound system

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 09:47 AM
RIDGID SPRINK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating issues and factory sound system

Hey,
FIrst off I really hope this is the correct place for this thread as it's my 1st post here. This being said ..

I bought a 2013 RAM ST regular cab this year and love it. As the weathers changed a bit I've been using the cab heater for the past couple weeks. I've tried trouble shooting an issue where if I turn the heater on I lose volume control on the factory stereo. I love music and am normally playing it fairly loud, after a half hour of using the heater I lose a few levels on the volume switch... completely locked out of the top few bars on the dial. After about an hour the volume maxed below 50%.

Heater over heating the amplifyer/stereo? Has anyone else had any issues like this before? Looking for a fix .. or possibly would this be a factory defect of some sort?

Any help would be appreciated. It's too annoying lol

Old 12-24-2018, 03:27 PM
Piratepaulin

I stripped out factory, well, everything when I bought my used ram.
that said, absolutly, heat does this to the amp and stereo.
I personally cant think of a worse place for the factory alpine amp, other than engine compartment..
only thing I think might help is to add some heat shield to the air ducts that come to either side of stereo. Thin hard duct board, or even a few rap arounds of foil.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:44 PM
RIDGID SPRINK

Yeah .. I figured as much. The factory system that came with the truck is premium and pounds good. I'm thinking in the spring I may mess with the dash a bit to see if I can either A: seal up any open areas from the duct conduit to prevent it from over heating the space. . &. or B: Lay some heat shield across the amp, back of stereo .. where theres a will theres a way.

I cant believe they designed the cab like that. Overall I love the truck but fml lol

Quick Reply: Heating issues and factory sound system