4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2010 Ram HD

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
rumpumpkin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Ram HD

Just found this on the internet today. Sounds like information is slowly trickling out regarding the new heavy-duty trucks. Note the comment about the engineers focusing on mileage versus power. They must have heard everyone over here complaining about the new 6.7. I'm also a little confused on the spy photos which allude to the Mega Cab continuing. I thought they were doing away with theMCin favor of a standard crew-cab? Or was that only on the 1/2 tons?

Article:

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and...ram/index.html

Spy pics:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-ra...ty-future.html

Old 07-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2010 Ram HD

That last link looks "mega"

Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM
rumpumpkin
Rookie

That's what I thought too. So, are these simply test mules, or are they really keeping the Mega? Or, the other possibility is that it is simply the new Crew Cab with something extra tacked on and camo'd to confuse everyone. Personally, I would like to see a standard crew cab and a standard bed. That is, make it a true 6'6" bed and get rid of this 6'3/6'4 bed currently in use. I really like the news about the mileage though.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Supposively the Mega cab is scrapped for a larger quad cab.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

no the mega cab is probly gone... or more accurately, have been incorporated into the new design. The new rear door is obviously longer than the current gen model, look at it. The rear of the cab is hidden by the vinyl flap so that they are making it look like thecab ends further back, after all look where the gas door flap is located. It is tucked under that flap partially and you know that there would have to be some room in front of it before the cab/bed split. This reminds me of the way the truck that I saw several years ago for that "secret" chrysler thing I went to that first introduced the potential new body styles to a select few for reason of questioning the desings and what we liked/disliked about them. The trucks I saw were like the mega cabs of today but with a bigger back door so that extra space in the c pillar wasnt there.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:22 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Supposively the Mega cab is scrapped for a larger quad cab.
lol

Quick Reply: 2010 Ram HD