4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New 09 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:33 PM
hemiman07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 09 Ram

This is just an observation I saw on TV. Last week I was watching that new show on FOX, Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and one of the main characters comes driving up in an 09 Ram Quad. It was a blue color, man it looked and sounded sic!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 PM
blyttle72
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the dealer today getting my oil changed and they had 4 of them. Very nice trucks. The interior is where the trucks really shine. The ones that they had were the Larmaine crew cabs and club cabs. The ram emblem on the tail gate made me laugh. It is about 4 times the size of the 3rd gen emblem. I mean it is really huge. I hope the improvement in the ram's interior finds it way down the rest of line. My only gripe was the fact that the North American content on the trucks has dropped down to around 53%. I know that most people don't care, but that is just more american jobs that are gone.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:29 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

I kinda like that emblem on the tailgate. I think it looks cool. I want to get me one for my truck.
Overall, the truck looks sweet. Haven't seen one in person, but all the images I've seen are sweet. I wonder what kinda exhaust they would have on them, or if the one that you saw on the show had an aftermarket exhaust on them. Seeing the bumper, do they really have the dual exhaust on them? Because that's cool, but stupid how they designed it. Anyone who wishes to dump it can't. I love mine at a side angle exit, and really couldn't. Or your bumper would look really awkward, as if you set it down on something, and it left an imprint.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:13 AM
blyttle72
Amateur

I didn't look under the trucks but it appered to me to be factory duel exhaust. I saw three trucks with the exact same set up. There was a fourth truck there as well but I didn't look at the back of it. I believe all of them were Hemis.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 PM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

The exhaust tone was about as aggressive as when they came out with the Hemi in 04. But I may be biast cause I had a Flowmaster under my last one.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 AM
om27

The Dodge is not known for its looks, more for its power and performance and i hear that the company is coming up with an engine to enhance it further. I guess they are trying and setting benchmarks for themselves with these unnecessary things...