4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

First Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 PM
dodgewasp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Dodge

Hello to all!! Newby here and to Dodge. I said I would never buy a Chrysler Product but after seeing and driving the '09 Ram Quad 4X2 I broke down and bought a beautiful white with beige and bark interior. So now I'm eating crow......taste pretty good. A list of the options:

Hemi (wasn't a question there)
Bucket Seats
Techology Group - Alpine Audio System, ParkSense Rear Park Assist Sys
Luxury Package - leather wrapped steering wheel, auto-dim rear view mirror, Garage door opener, lights everywhere, heated mirrors(really don't need that here in southeast Texas)
Popular Equipment Group - 20" wheels, Pwr Lumbar,115 volt pwr,pwr seat,fog lamps,
Hitch
Had some dealer add-ons that I DIDN'T PAY FOR. Poly coat, tint glass, ID etching, etc.
And of course all the standard SLT equip

List $34,995 Purchased for $23,300

Now my first question for you guys. Where is a good place online to buy running boards(black) and what brand do you recommend? Also looking for mud flaps and bedliner. Probably a tonneau top the near future.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Dodgewasp

Old 02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
cheatdt
Rookie

Welcome! As the saying goes.....never say never I have been known to say that I would never own a Chrysler. But, I really like this 09 Ram and I love my husband's truck. I think I just like power and shiney things

Old 02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Gr8 Pmpkn

Welcome to the Dodge family. I hear ya' . I've been driving Toyota's for the past 10 years and swore I'd never drive American. Once you get behind the wheel of 390 ponies...well 'nuff said.

As far as running boards, I'd reccomend the Westin bars (http://www.westinautomotive.com) . I've had several in the past and they have always held up.

If you're interested in installing the factory OEM Mopar bars, just search through this forum. There are several folks out there trying to sell them.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 PM
WVU Fan
Professional

I just ordered the N-fab steps for my truck. Probably the sturdiest step rails on the market. The only thing about the N-fab steps are you have to drill a 1" hole where they mount but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Here is their website's photo gallery for Dodge trucks. http://www.n-fab.com/products/Dodge/

I ordered from here for cheaper than I could purchase from a local shop, however you never know if a local shop might cut you a deal. http://4wheelonline.com/Nfab_DodgeWh...s.91725.238387

Old 03-12-2009, 12:17 AM
dodgewasp

Thanks for the replies guys. I have settled for a set of Luverne running boards(6 1/2" deep)and will hold up to 350 lbs before flexing and at 400lbs before bending. Very well made and looks great on the animal. Also, purchased chrome molding for the doors (try to protect the animal from dings), chrome bug deflector and mud flaps, all OEM. Will be ordering the OEM chrome grill and tonneau top soon. Then I'll call it quits......maybe.

The DodgeWasp

Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new truck.

Off topic - We should start a sticky on accessories, specifically running boards/step bars.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Kneedragger

Originally Posted by dodgewasp
Thanks for the replies guys. I have settled for a set of Luverne running boards(6 1/2" deep)and will hold up to 350 lbs before flexing and at 400lbs before bending. Very well made and looks great on the animal. Also, purchased chrome molding for the doors (try to protect the animal from dings), chrome bug deflector and mud flaps, all OEM. Will be ordering the OEM chrome grill and tonneau top soon. Then I'll call it quits......maybe.

The DodgeWasp
do you have any pics ? I want a quad cab with the same exact interior /exterior colors as yours !

Old 03-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by sarguy01
Congrats on the new truck.

Off topic - We should start a sticky on accessories, specifically running boards/step bars.
Steps seem to be more asked about than anything else.

Quick Reply: First Dodge