4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MAX CARE Lifetime Extended Warranty, How Much Did You Pay?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Dodge Ram Laramie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me i got quoted $1,200 for the added care. Hope we didnt get ripped. To late to worry about it now.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:20 PM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
I passed on that option, but I swear it was only $1200, but I can't recall what the deductible was. I was told I can add it within the first two years if I change my mind.
You can add it on later but there are surcharges for doing that.

Once you exceed 12/12 the price goes up.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by drober30
You can add it on later but there are surcharges for doing that.

Once you exceed 12/12 the price goes up.
They said it wouldn't go up until 2/24. Either way, I'm not there yet, so I can always add it on.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:10 PM
tombogue09
Captain

I was offered 1500 if I remember correctly but I passed. What happens to these lifetime warranties if or when chrysler goes under?

Old 03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by tombogue09
I was offered 1500 if I remember correctly but I passed. What happens to these lifetime warranties if or when chrysler goes under?
The same thing that happens to our $35k - $50k trucks!

I plan on buying mine on a 0% 12 month payment plan. I wont lose it all if they go under in six months.

I believe these are considered insurance and law governs that they have to be underwritten. They may still be valid if Chrysler goes under.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Nothing is going to happen to your truck if Chrysler goes under except that it might not be worth as much. But even if you were financing it over 60 or 72 months with Chrysler, they wouldn't take it away from you or anything.

Also, if Chrysler files Chapter 11, the warranties will most likely remain valid. If they didn't honor existing warranties they would lose all credibility and wouldn't be able to sell any cars at all. And the last thing Cerberus wants is to be filing Chapter 7.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:59 PM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by Dodge Ram Laramie
For me i got quoted $1,200 for the added care. Hope we didnt get ripped. To late to worry about it now.
You should still be able to upgrade that to Maxcare. I strongly recommend upgrading to Maxcare.

I worked in the extended warranty division of Ford Motor for years and although Addedcare will cover what seems to be allot of items, Maxcare is what really protects you from repair bills.

Addedcare - The part has to be listed in order to be covered.

Maxcare - This is refered to as an exclusionary plan, all parts are covered except for those listed as not covered. These items are listed in a few lines that include things like paint, weather strips, rotors, pads ect...

There should be only a couple hundred difference in price.

Regardless of plan, you must follow the owners manual and perform the maintenance required.

I had customer who did not change their timing belts at 60k like the owners manual stated and when their belt broke we did not cover their motor that was often trashed.

Last edited by drober30; 03-10-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

That is the problem with the standard warranty and all of the extended warranties. You basically have to follow factory recommended maintenance and make sure it's well documented. Even if the dealer wants to do the work, sometimes Chrysler won't agree to pay for it, no matter how cool you are with the dealership.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:06 AM
drober30
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
That is the problem with the standard warranty and all of the extended warranties. You basically have to follow factory recommended maintenance and make sure it's well documented. Even if the dealer wants to do the work, sometimes Chrysler won't agree to pay for it, no matter how cool you are with the dealership.
Even if you don't follow the recommended oil changes and your engine fails, Chrysler has to prove it's because of the oil changes that the engine failed Example: Sludge.

if there is no sludge or scoring of the cylinders, then they will have to own up to the repair.

It's always better to follow the guidlines and you can perform the routine maintenance yourself. As stated, keep receipts and records.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Dodge Ram Laramie
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by drober30
You should still be able to upgrade that to Maxcare. I strongly recommend upgrading to Maxcare.

I worked in the extended warranty division of Ford Motor for years and although Addedcare will cover what seems to be allot of items, Maxcare is what really protects you from repair bills.

Addedcare - The part has to be listed in order to be covered.

Maxcare - This is refered to as an exclusionary plan, all parts are covered except for those listed as not covered. These items are listed in a few lines that include things like paint, weather strips, rotors, pads ect...

There should be only a couple hundred difference in price.

Regardless of plan, you must follow the owners manual and perform the maintenance required.

I had customer who did not change their timing belts at 60k like the owners manual stated and when their belt broke we did not cover their motor that was often trashed.
I did purchased the lifetime maxcare with the vehicle. I just wish that Maxcare also covered leather and everything else that was left out. Thanks for the heads up on the maintenance. I will follow the manuals maintenance schedule precisely and document everything on that truck to save a$$ down the road.

Quick Reply: MAX CARE Lifetime Extended Warranty, How Much Did You Pay?