4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

BAK Flip or Fold-a Cover G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:47 PM
dodgewasp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAK Flip or Fold-a Cover G4

BAK Flip G2 or Fold-a Cover G4.....which one? Having a hard time chooosing.

Dodgewasp

Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 PM
JohnVI
Veteran

i think the bakflip looks as if it would seal a little better. I may be wrong there, but that's just a newbies opinion..

And i have to say, for all the people in this forum, this is by far on of the best forums i have been a part of... slight tangent, but love the forum!!

that's a shout out to the site admin and sponsors that support it

Old 03-20-2009, 05:43 PM
htvette

I have not seen the Fold-a Cover G4 but have seen the bakflip g2 and got it for 575 shipped. I like it alot for the price.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 PM
lynchmob
Rookie

Where'd you order yours from? I too am trying to decide - Fold a cover, Bakflip, undercover, etc.

Had a Peragon on my Z-71. Won't do that again. It got too hot, fluttered on the road, and the pull strap broke several times.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

I've heard good things about the Bakflip.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:48 AM
tuonorider

Originally Posted by htvette
I have not seen the Fold-a Cover G4 but have seen the bakflip g2 and got it for 575 shipped. I like it alot for the price.
Where did you get it?

Old 03-26-2009, 04:11 PM
htvette

I bought it from a power seller on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...Q5fAccessories
Choose best offer for 575 and he will accept it.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:03 PM
skidooinit

Does anyone know the difference between the Bakflip and the Dodge cover? Does Dodge use the Bakflip? Which is better? Price difference? Compatible with the Rambox option? Dealer said $755 for the hard cover that fits with the rambox.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:48 PM
jaflowers
Professional

I had the dealership install the Dodge folding tonneau cover. It is the Fold-a-Cover LS model, made for Dodge by them. Just had it put on a few days ago and so far I have to say it's pretty nice. It seals up pretty good but does not totally waterproof the bed even with the addition of a taller seal by the cab. Looks great and is warrantied for life like the rest of my truck since it's a Dodge part installed by the dealer. Seems to be pretty sturdy too and can be removed in just a few minutes by pulling 4 7/16" bolts if you need the entire bed totally open.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM
tuonorider

Originally Posted by jaflowers
I had the dealership install the Dodge folding tonneau cover. It is the Fold-a-Cover LS model, made for Dodge by them. Just had it put on a few days ago and so far I have to say it's pretty nice. It seals up pretty good but does not totally waterproof the bed even with the addition of a taller seal by the cab. Looks great and is warrantied for life like the rest of my truck since it's a Dodge part installed by the dealer. Seems to be pretty sturdy too and can be removed in just a few minutes by pulling 4 7/16" bolts if you need the entire bed totally open.
How much was it?

Quick Reply: BAK Flip or Fold-a Cover G4